Hi!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Beth n Dan
    Participant

Hi there,

My name is Beth 😀 I work for the Royal Navy as an Air Engineering Tech.

I have always had a passion for campers, and am looking to purchase my own in the very near future.

I am very eager for advise from camper van owners, and am curious to further understand the pro’s and con’s to each of the models.

I love the Split screen campers, however the more I see of the modern vans, the more I like.

Hopefully speak to some of you soon

B 😀

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Beth
    Nice to hear from

Hi Beth

Nice to hear from you.
    There is a very big divide between the old classic VWs an newer vans

Old VWs
    – Cool
    – Slow
    – Need regular maintenance
    – Very expensive to buy
    – Limit features

Newer vehicles
    – Economical
    – Fast
    – Modern features
    – Efficient insulation and windows

If you want a convenient, easy to drive vehicle then go for a modern vehicle.
    If you want something that looks cool, then go for a classic.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Beth
    Nice to hear from

Hi Beth

Nice to hear from you.

Old VWs
    – Cool
    – Slow
    – Very expensive to buy
    – Limit features

Newer vehicles
    – Economical
    – Fast
    – Modern features

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Beth
    Nice to hear from

Hi Beth

Nice to hear from you.

Old VWs
    – Cool
    – Slow
    – Very expensive to buy
    – Limit features

Newer vehicles
    – Economical
    – Fast
    – Modern features

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Beth
    Nice to hear from

Hi Beth

Nice to hear from you.

Old VWs
    – Cool
    – Slow
    – Very expensive to buy
    – Limit features

Newer vehicles
    – Economical
    – Fast
    – Modern features

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes two totally different

Hi,
    Yes two totally different routes to take. I’m not into VW early campers at all. I reckon they are cramped, unreliable and slow. However for some very odd reason they do fetch silly money which would actually get you a really nice modern camper with some comfort and speed…It’s all down to what rd. you want to take.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi,

Hi,
    Yes two totally different routes to take. I’m not into VW early campers at all. I reckon they are cramped, unreliable and slow. However for some very odd reason they do fetch silly money which would actually get you a really nice modern camper with some comfort and speed…It’s all down to what rd. you want to take.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi,

Hi,

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi,

Hi,

Darren
    Keymaster

Beth, forgot to say, if you
    Beth, forgot to say, if you actually want to have fun camping get a new vehicle. And old VW (or any classic camper) simply does not do camping as well as a modern vehicle. Think of those as like a functional classic car.
    I have a 2002 Sprinter and love getting in it, driving 700 miles a day across Europe, knowing it will start everyday.

Darren
    Keymaster

Beth, forgot to say, if you actually want to have fun camping get a new vehicle. And old VW (or any classic camper) simply does not do camping as well as a modern vehicle. Think of those as like a functional classic car.
    I have a 2002 Sprinter and love getting in it, driving 700 miles a day across Europe, knowing it will start everyday.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

stewart1979
    Participant

old vw are a hobby
    people get the old vw splits and bays because there passionate about classic vw’s there cool but not practical personally i’d love one but i want something reliable so i compromised and went for the vw t4 a lot smaller than transits and sprinters but i like it for that it will go anywhere with no problems fit in a normal car parking space which can be important at the coast yet still has everything you need just more compact i suppose its all down to personal preference and what you’ll be using it for take your time choosing one look at a few because if you buy the wrong one for you it can be an expensive misteak

stewart1979
    Participant

old vw are a hobby
    people get the old vw splits and bays because there passionate about classic vw’s there cool but not practical personally i’d love one but i want something reliable so i compromised and went for the vw t4 a lot smaller than transits and sprinters but i like it for that it will go anywhere with no problems fit in a normal car parking space which can be important at the coast yet still has everything you need just more compact i suppose its all down to personal preference and what you’ll be using it for take your time choosing one look at a few because if you buy the wrong one for you it can be an expensive misteak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.