help/ideas for first campervan conversion…

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions help/ideas for first campervan conversion…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Keymaster

Mercedes is the way to go for
    Mercedes is the way to go for ultimate reliability and the lest time in the garage. Newer Sprinters are the most reliable, older pre-sprinters are slower and less-refined, but generally rust less. But rust is not a problem is looked after on a Sprinter.

LWB Sprinter is pretty much the biggest 3.5 T van you can get. You mentioned a 410 Sprinter. Just be away that they are 4.6 Tonnes.
    LWB Sprinter is not the easiest thing to park in a supermarket, but fine at beaches and other places once you get camping.

If you insure it as a van most insurance companies won’t be very happy with a camper fitted in the back.
    If you insure it as a camper van insurance companies will want it to be registered with the DVLA as a camper van, or they’ll ask you to get an engineers report / dealer report to ensure it is a camper van.

http://www.campton.co.uk are a good insurance brokers.

Darren
    Keymaster

Mercedes is the way to go for ultimate reliability and the lest time in the garage. Newer Sprinters are the most reliable, older pre-sprinters are slower and less-refined, but generally rust less. But rust is not a problem is looked after on a Sprinter.

LWB Sprinter is pretty much the biggest 3.5 T van you can get. You mentioned a 410 Sprinter. Just be away that they are 4.6 Tonnes.
    LWB Sprinter is not the easiest thing to park in a supermarket, but fine at beaches and other places once you get camping.

If you insure it as a van most insurance companies won’t be very happy with a camper fitted in the back.
    If you insure it as a camper van insurance companies will want it to be registered with the DVLA as a camper van, or they’ll ask you to get an engineers report / dealer report to ensure it is a camper van.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

petelm52
    Participant

vans
    Good luck with your conversion mate, In my opinon, steer well clear of iveco..! I have had one and know of several other people who have, and all had nothing but problems from new ? Rust and gearbox issues are the most common. when i contacted the dealers about the 6month old van i purchased from them that was showing signs of rust and the gearbox needed two arms to change up or down !!! The reply i recieved was :: well it is only a VAN !!!!!!!!!!!. customer care at its best ??? LOL

petelm52
    Participant

vans
    Good luck with your conversion mate, In my opinon, steer well clear of iveco..! I have had one and know of several other people who have, and all had nothing but problems from new ? Rust and gearbox issues are the most common. when i contacted the dealers about the 6month old van i purchased from them that was showing signs of rust and the gearbox needed two arms to change up or down !!! The reply i recieved was :: well it is only a VAN !!!!!!!!!!!. customer care at its best ??? LOL

petelm52
    Participant

vans

petelm52
    Participant

vans

petelm52
    Participant

vans

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.