help/ideas for first campervan conversion…

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions help/ideas for first campervan conversion…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Benomahony
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m a 22 year old looking to buy and convert my first campervan to take out to Europe or further for as long as possible! So i’ve been trying to figure out the largest vehicles I can drive under 3.5 tonnes..
    being a joiner by trade i’d ideally like to be able to convert it myself, rather than buy a ready-converted van, and have a budget of about 2-3 grand. I’ve been looking at mercedes 208/210/310/410 aswell as various horseboxes and luton vans (most amount of space under 3.5 tonnes)
    does anyone have any other suggestions as to suitable vehicles? size doesnt particularly matter but the bigger the better!been something i’ve been trying to do for a while but just havent had the time. older mercedes seem to have a decent track record for running well on a high mileage, does this go for any other manufacturers?

also, i’ve been trying to gage a rough price for insurance, can anyone tell me whether i’m better off insuring myself on a van or a campervan?and who seems to be the best value insurance companies?

any help would be much appreciated, cheers for your time

mgroadster
    Participant

Most of the Eastern European
    Most of the Eastern European courier lads who do regular Balkan/UK runs tend to favour sprinters because of their ability as you say to handle high mileage.
    If you are venturing to further countries, I would think that Merc parts are probably more avail as well, should you need one on the hurry up.

mgroadster
    Participant

Most of the Eastern European courier lads who do regular Balkan/UK runs tend to favour sprinters because of their ability as you say to handle high mileage.
    If you are venturing to further countries, I would think that Merc parts are probably more avail as well, should you need one on the hurry up.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

kell

Hi. The Iveco extra long
    Hi. The Iveco extra long wheelbase (7mtr) is about the longest panel van within that weight class and is very popular in across Europe.
    Insurance:
    Frank Pickles insurance
    Insurance choice
    Shield insurance
    are all good for self builds though your age might mean it’s not cheap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.