Help gearbox problems -1994 Renault Trafic 1100d Holdsworth conv.

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Help gearbox problems -1994 Renault Trafic 1100d Holdsworth conv.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ajaitken
    Participant

Hi Guys

I am having problems with my Renault Trafics gearbox. I was driving in 5th gear and it suddenly started reving like it would if in neutral. So the 5th gear has vanished. I carried on driving in 4th gear for awhile. Now having trouble getting it in and out of 3rd. There is no grinding and the clutch pedal feels fine. The gearbox fluid level is fine and no leaks. Can anyone help? Just to note I do not know alot about cars. Thanks for any advice.

Darren

This sounds like it could be
    This sounds like it could be the connection between the gear shifter and the gearbox.
    I would drive the vehicle to a garage to inspect and fix it, before the gears stop working completely, and you have to pay for a recover truck.

Darren

This sounds like it could be
    This sounds like it could be the connection between the gear shifter and the gearbox.
    I would drive the vehicle to a garage to inspect and fix it, before the gears stop working completely, and you have to pay for a recover truck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.