Help! Fridge not cool….!

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Help! Fridge not cool….!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Russ and Trace
    Participant

Hi all, my wife and I are new to this campervan life but decided to take the plunge.
    We bought a T4 which has been kitted out already and after a weekend away, noticed the fridge would try to run but would not cool anything. The fridge is a Demetic CRX50. The orange light flashes once and looking at the manual, it says we have insufficient voltage. The leasure battery is a Voyager VL 679 12V 110AH so iguess my question is, what is the best way of running the fridge so that it stays cold?
    Thanks in advance

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

These are good fridges (I have one), but this is a common problem (I have had it).

When the light comes on are you able to check the voltage at the battery/fridge with a multimeter or does your vehicle have a battery level meter installed?

When the fridge is first turned on it uses more power. If you are running the engine (i.e. driving) there will be more power as the engine will provide lots more than the leisure battey.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.