hello everybody!!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself hello everybody!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BEANZS
    Participant

Hello everyone, i’m craig from carlisle. i’v been on this site a while getting ideas for a camper conversinon and have found it very useful indeed. But now i’m actually looking into buying a base model, i’v found 2 that are tempting me which i would be grateful for your advice on – mercedes vito, 8 seater minibus £2500
    – renault master lm 35 minibus, 10 seater, night heater, interior lights and blinds and wheelchair ramp £ 1500
    I’m also looking at lwb hiroof transits, sprinter and similar size vehicles as this camper will be well used as i’ll use it for work!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Beanzs on my mobile May 16, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I gave to admit most examples
    I gave to admit most examples i have seen on ebay an stuff that i have liked have been sprinters! I like the idea of a hi up bed wit seating below. I think i need to look into this more tomoro!

2. Hi Craig
    Nice to hear from

Hi Craig

Nice to hear from you.
    Vito’s a re great vans, but do suffer from some surface rust. As long as it’s looked after it’s not a problem. The Vito has a camchain, rather can cambelt, and should last forever.
    The Renault is not as well made as the German vans, but again, if looked after can be a great van. Be careful of cambelts on the Renault. Make sure it’s changed at the proper interval.

I personally prefer German vans, and I also prefer buying bigger vans. If you intend to spend reasonable amounts of time in the van, being able to stand up and store things is a huge advantage. Parking a MWB van is not so different to parking a SWB van.

I used to have a medium roof SWB Sprinter. Now I have a MWB high-top Sprinter and love the bigger size. Only occasionally is parking a problem, and only then when parking on the road.

Please let us know how you get along.