heating?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Deb
    Participant

I’m thinking of using an electric fan heater in the back of the van this weekend,it’s only a small household one,with a safety cut off,is there anything i might have to check/worry about before i use it ?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Will you be on electric

Hi

Will you be on electric hookup at a campsite?

The thing to do is to check the power rating of the heater (e.g. 1200 W, or 1.2kW). Then make sure that is lower than the rating of the hookup.

I’d recommend not using the heater when sleeping. Just in the evening and during the day.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Will you be on electric

Hi

The thing to do is to check the power rating of the heater (e.g. 1200 W, or 1.2kW). Then make sure that is lower than the rating of the hookup.

I’d recommend not using the heater when sleeping. Just in the evening and during the day.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Will you be on electric

Hi

mham05
    Participant

Fan heaters a bit iffy to
    Fan heaters a bit iffy to leave on all night.
    We had one on in our caravan and it almost caught fire when the thermostat failed.
    I use a small electric radiator running on 240 hookup now in my van when it get really cold.
    I have a gas heater to to warm it up first and then use the radiator.

mham05
    Participant

We had one on in our caravan and it almost caught fire when the thermostat failed.
    I use a small electric radiator running on 240 hookup now in my van when it get really cold.

mham05
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.