Head gasket problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sacundai
    Participant

Hi all.
    I have recently had the head gasket on my 1.9d talbot autosleeper replaced. I also had the water pump van belt etc changed at the same time. I notice that water is still being lost from my system especially when going up steep hills ie. when the engine is under extra pressure. It is not building up pressure as it did when the gasket blew but as I said it is still losing water somewhere. I just had a new raidIator fitted but it is still losing water albeit at a slower rate. The water I am losing would amount to approx 1 pint a fortnight. I also think that the engine may be running fractional faster since the gasket was done. Any thoughts would be grateful and thankyou in advance.

mgroadster
    Participant

Before they replaced the
    Before they replaced the head, was it crack (pressure)tested & skimmed whilst it was off? Should be on your invoice if it was.(It should have been pressure tested if not skimmed to be done properly).
    I’m not sure if the head for those is alloy. If it’s alloy they can be prone to warping.

mgroadster
    Participant

Before they replaced the
    Before they replaced the head, was it crack (pressure)tested & skimmed whilst it was off? Should be on your invoice if it was.(It should have been pressure tested if not skimmed to be done properly).
    I’m not sure if the head for those is alloy. If it’s alloy they can be prone to warping.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.