Greetings, and a question on Lutons

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Greetings, and a question on Lutons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    doubledownbrown
    Participant

Hey,

I’m Gary, I’m 28 and I’m planning on buying a van to live in very soon with my girlfriend. We have the money, we will both be working remotely before the end of the year and we are ready to get started.

We’ve decided we need a separate sleeping & living space as I generally wake up and get up much earlier than my girlfriend. This means we really want a LWB vehicle with a dedicated bed above the cab. The natural choice then seems to be a Ford Transit Luton. My question is does the completely square box on a Luton give you any more space to build a bed than the rounded, more aerodynamic version? And what other make & model of van could possibly suit our requirements?

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you all and bombarding you with questions as I attempt this ridiculous project 🙂

Gary.
    Modify message

Darren

Hi Gary
    Hi Gary

Nice to hear from you.
    From what I have seen, the Lutons with a rounded cab top and not only much smaller, but much weaker up there.
    That section is only really designed to hold light goods.

The square top cab lutons are not only bigger, but much stronger.
    It’s a shame, as the rounded ones look better, I think.

Darren

Hi Gary
    Hi Gary

Nice to hear from you.
    From what I have seen, the Lutons with a rounded cab top and not only much smaller, but much weaker up there.
    That section is only really designed to hold light goods.

The square top cab lutons are not only bigger, but much stronger.
    It’s a shame, as the rounded ones look better, I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.