Free camping North Yorkshire

Home Forum topic Camping Free camping North Yorkshire

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fluffy
    Participant

Does anyone know of places to free camp in Yorkshire either over the moors or on the coast. We stayed in the car park by the beach in Sandsend which was suggested on this site and also a nice carpark in staithes which we found. We dont want to travel and then not find anywhere to stay and are on a tight budget but love going away.

Many thanks to anyone who replies

Fluffy
    x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Thanks Campito 🙂
    We camp

Thanks Campito 🙂

We camp mostly every weekend and are trying to look further afield than sandsend. Just this weekend we found a car park on the West cliff in Whitby right by the cliff lift where you can park for 24hrs for £5. If you turn up after 6pm you dont really have to pay till the following morning then you would have the next night included! Over the road are public toilets which cost 40p, a little expensive, but you can also shower there for the same 40p!!

Not sure where Flamborough is, but I am going to check right now and also will definitely try the filey prom, I love filey. Thanks again,

love Fluffy
    x

2. Hi,I did the coast from
    Hi,I did the coast from Scarborough to Flamborough Head couple of weekends ago. For an overnight i parked on Filey promenade nobody bothered me.parked in the street in Flamborough and walked to the Headland, later paid £1 to park at different part of the headland (Smugglers cove i think)for the whole of the day.