Ford Trasit LWB Camper Conversion

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van Ford Trasit LWB Camper Conversion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Road Trip
    Participant

OK, that’s a little previous I know, we have just bought the van so its not converted yet 🙂

Its a 2001 Ford Transit LWB semi high top, but its front wheel drive so high enough to stand in the back (just) we bought it off ebay, it was a builders van but its been well looked after, not the usual rust for a transit this age.
    I would have prefered a high top but this had so much going for it I couldn’t resist, full MOT, low milage, back windows had been plated, dead locks, 2ltr so cheap on fuel and still plenty of power, roof rack, so the pluses outweighed the no high top.

We spent the last few days removing sign writing, side rack (Im keeping the roof rack, could come in handy) we have stripped out the inside and today will be insulation it.

As I said the bodywork is quite good for the year, the paint is dull but a quick test with T-cut reveils a nice new shinny red 🙂 I think I will be taking my time with the tcutting, its a lot of van so will do it stage by stage 🙂

Road Trip
    Participant

whoops, looks like the other
    whoops, looks like the other photos didnt post?

Road Trip
    Participant

whoops, looks like the other
    whoops, looks like the other photos didnt post?

Road Trip
    Participant

the insulation is going well,
    the insulation is going well, the tests i did with expanding foam wasnt very good, I didnt want to pump it into the wall with the paneling on as I wouldnt know how much was going in, so I sprayed it but it was a bit hit and miss, much prefer the foil insulation

Road Trip
    Participant

the insulation is going well,
    the insulation is going well, the tests i did with expanding foam wasnt very good, I didnt want to pump it into the wall with the paneling on as I wouldnt know how much was going in, so I sprayed it but it was a bit hit and miss, much prefer the foil insulation

woosman
    Participant

Hi, have you put the foil
    Hi, have you put the foil directly on the metal using contact spray?

woosman
    Participant

Hi, have you put the foil
    Hi, have you put the foil directly on the metal using contact spray?

Patyogi
    Participant

Transit
    We have just bought the same vehicle, well nearly, it’s a minibus with a 2.4 engine. Just stripped it out and insulation and wiring done, next panels going up. As soon as the weather dry’s out!

The pain is fitting roof-lites to the Transit roof.

Patyogi
    Participant

Transit
    We have just bought the same vehicle, well nearly, it’s a minibus with a 2.4 engine. Just stripped it out and insulation and wiring done, next panels going up. As soon as the weather dry’s out!

The pain is fitting roof-lites to the Transit roof.

Patyogi
    Participant

Project advancing despite rain, floods. hail and high water.
    Walls up, 240v in, rooms taking shape.

Patyogi
    Participant

Project advancing despite rain, floods. hail and high water.
    Walls up, 240v in, rooms taking shape.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.