First timer. Insulation??

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions First timer. Insulation??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scrappy
    Participant

Hi everybody, iv joined this website in the hope of getting some good advice, and maby to make some new like minded friends.
    were currently trying to convert our first van (an iveco daily 1999) we have named him scrappy.
    We bought him already half converted but our plan is to live in him full time and the work that had already been done was not suitable for us, its created alot of extra work for us but its all part of the adventure!
    so far we have dismantled the interior so he is almost a blank slate to work with. We now relies how little we know about this and are looking for any advice we can get on the best type of insulation to use. We will be needing help on probably every aspect of the conversion but for now ill stick with the next step which is the insulation. We have a long journey ahead of us but hope to make some friends and get help along the way 🙂

peace and love x

xadmx
    Participant

hi you can line the panels
    hi you can line the panels with foil insulation then get some insulation from b&q that is lambs wool, don’t fit that fiber glass stuff its nasty.
    http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-homeeco-loft-insulation-l3m-w370mm-t200mm/182142_BQ.prd

xadmx
    Participant

hi you can line the panels
    hi you can line the panels with foil insulation then get some insulation from b&q that is lambs wool, don’t fit that fiber glass stuff its nasty.
    http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-homeeco-loft-insulation-l3m-w370mm-t200mm/182142_BQ.prd

Pfenig
    Participant

xadmx Thanks for this idea,
    xadmx Thanks for this idea, this is an excellent idea.

I too want to insulate my van on a shoe string.

Pfenig
    Participant

xadmx Thanks for this idea,
    xadmx Thanks for this idea, this is an excellent idea.

I too want to insulate my van on a shoe string.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.