First time camper van purchase

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van First time camper van purchase

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Lj.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lj
    Participant

Hi There

I am after some advise for a first time camper van purchase.

My mate and I are trying to put together a road trip of sorts around the UK. We are only looking at doing this for around six weeks but really like the idea of having the freedom of our van and being on the road. We have looked into hiring Vans but feel this is a waste of money. We would much prefer to buy a camper van and then resell after the adventure sadly comes to an end.

What do you think would be the best option camper van wise for this short period of time and how much should we be setting aside for camper that would do the trick but at a reasonable price.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lj

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Hi LJ
    What time of year are

Hi LJ

What time of year are you planning on travelling? Will you spending long inside the van?
    What size of van do you think you’ll need? Lots of room or not?

If you guys are more conscious of money than luxuries look for a DIY campervan conversion that someone else has already done. This will be a lot cheaper than buying a used professional conversion. You’ll be able to get a much newer vehicle for the same money, which will then be more reliable and cheaper on fuel.

Are you going to stay on campsites or try and free camp? Free camping in the UK is not so easy as the continent, but possible. If you want to free camp get a stealth camper, with no windows.

If you guys want lots of room get a bigger van like a Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter.
    If you want a smaller van go for a VW, but watch out, many VW’s are overpriced because they are in demand.

Now is a good time to get a bargain though.