First camper purchase

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van First camper purchase

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    f40spider191
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I am considering buying a campervan (VW panel conversion) I am looking to go off grid, Lot of good info on this forum but for you more experienced camper heads out there would you say 130K miles on a 59 plate (£10,000) with FSH and no apparent issues is quite a high mileage. Van has everything we need for off grid camping but don’t know how mileage considerations differ from those buying a car. Would or should this alone put us off buying. van I’d say is equipped for travels around UK and EU.

any advice I’d be happy to hear.

Regards,

Darren

Hi
    Hi

That is high mileage for the year.
    However, VW can be reliable, and long lasting.
    Was this a commercial vehicle, making deliveries everyday? If so, then it will have racked up mileage quickly, but could/should have been treated well, with regular servicing.
    If the vehicle is in good condition, it tells you that the owners have cared for it.
    It’s a good price, and most people do low mileage in campers, and so if you have it for a few years you will return it to average mileage for the age.
    I would be tempted to get a newer, higher mileage vehicle (rather than older lower mileage) if it’s be well cared for.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.