Fiat Scudo Mk2 LWB van conversion

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van Fiat Scudo Mk2 LWB van conversion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tezfair
    Participant

A few years ago I converted a SWB Mk1 Scudo as seen here… https://picasaweb.google.com/103875346719790252123/FiatVanConversion?authuser=0&feat=directlink but sadly that had an engine fire March so I had to start again.

Having already done one conversion, I had identified a few areas that needed to improved. The first one was a lack of insulation, which, on the Mk1 was minimal, but really the main difference is having a LWB. The extra 2.5 feet makes a huge difference. Also having a fully removable kitchen unit was also a big plus, but also having both side doors accessible was going to be a bonus.

So with the new van, I had a chance to improve on the 1st conversion. Out went all the fixed cupboards and I created a sturdy kitchen unit that is fairly lightweight (I can remove it on my own). It hides the leisure battery and the inverter. But gives a reasonable amount of space too, Specifically having quick access to the loo (yet to put a cover over it to hide it) has been an improvement as the old fiat I would have to remove the bed to get to it.

The bed frame is from the old conversion. I was going to remake a new frame but it’s fine for the time being.

I have quick release connectors on the battery, but decided to keep the inverter permenantly fixed to the van so often the battery needs to stay. This also mean’t that I needed some form of quick disconnect for the sink / water pump. In the end I used a couple of computer molex connectors from an old power supply.

I also decided to have a bigger water carrier. 10 litres soon gets drained even by one person working away for a couple fo days so the design incorporated a 25 Litre along side a 10 litre waste.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103875346719790252123/FiatScudoMk2LWBVanConversion?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Terry

Darren

Hi Terry
    Hi Terry

Both are great looking conversions. Thanks for sharing, as you’re likely to inspire many others.
    Sorry to hear about the fire, but great to see you came back with something bigger and better.

Darren

Hi Terry
    Hi Terry

Both are great looking conversions. Thanks for sharing, as you’re likely to inspire many others.
    Sorry to hear about the fire, but great to see you came back with something bigger and better.

tezfair
    Participant

Curtain
    Thanks for the comment.

The curtains seem to let the conversion down as at the time they were held up with a bungy cord, hence the sag. I have them a little better secured as I have a 25 x 25 box section curtain rail with a 20 x 20 (or 16 x 16, cant remember but came from B&Q) box section that slides inside the outer one. The idea is that up in the roof section I can expand the curtain rail really tight and then ran a self taper through the two boxes holds them. I have added two more picture to the Mk2 gallery to show the curtain rail in case it’s a useful idea for anyone else.

I also need to make new curtains as they were off the old van and have bits cut out that used to fit around the old kitchen units, but, for the time being they give privacy!!

I fitted the propex yesterday do I will be staying away this weekend and should be toasty if the temp drops.

tezfair
    Participant

Curtain
    Thanks for the comment.

The curtains seem to let the conversion down as at the time they were held up with a bungy cord, hence the sag. I have them a little better secured as I have a 25 x 25 box section curtain rail with a 20 x 20 (or 16 x 16, cant remember but came from B&Q) box section that slides inside the outer one. The idea is that up in the roof section I can expand the curtain rail really tight and then ran a self taper through the two boxes holds them. I have added two more picture to the Mk2 gallery to show the curtain rail in case it’s a useful idea for anyone else.

I also need to make new curtains as they were off the old van and have bits cut out that used to fit around the old kitchen units, but, for the time being they give privacy!!

I fitted the propex yesterday do I will be staying away this weekend and should be toasty if the temp drops.

Jean Hands

conversion
    Hi Terry
    I’m very impressed and inspired by your conversions and your tenacity!
    Where did you find the mattresses or were they also custom made?

Jean Hands

conversion
    Hi Terry
    I’m very impressed and inspired by your conversions and your tenacity!
    Where did you find the mattresses or were they also custom made?

Anonymous

They came out of our caravan,
    They came out of our caravan, as did a lot of other stuff

Anonymous

They came out of our caravan,
    They came out of our caravan, as did a lot of other stuff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.