fiamma awning

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions fiamma awning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    beatinertia
    Participant

Hi, this is my first post and i am looking for some advice on a fiamma awning.
    Fiammas are very pricey so I am looking for asecond hand one.

I have a 1985 VW transporter caravelle with an awning rail for a drive away awning.
    2 questions
    Can this awning rail be used for a fiamma awning?
    Is a caravanstore fiamma awning only for caravans or can it be used on campervans like mine?

many thanks in advance for your advice

DD

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    I don’t think you can use

Hi

I don’t think you can use the drive away awning for a Fiamma wind out awning. The wind out awnings are heavy and the proper brackets need to be installed the correct way, or it will damage the side of your van.

You certainly can use a caravanstore awning on a campervan. I have seen several using it. As they ate lighter than wind out awnings, they are easier to install.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

Hi

I don’t think you can use the drive away awning for a Fiamma wind out awning. The wind out awnings are heavy and the proper brackets need to be installed the correct way, or it will damage the side of your van.

You certainly can use a caravanstore awning on a campervan. I have seen several using it. As they ate lighter than wind out awnings, they are easier to install.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

Hi

beatinertia
    Participant

thanks v much for reply
    thanks v much for reply Darren.

Good that I can use a caravanstore awning on a campervan. I suppose the question now is can the necessary brackets be fitted onto my paricular campervan. I phoned my garage and my mechanic is on hol.
    So, if its not a wind out awning what is it, pull out maybe? Are all caravanstore awnings NOT wind out awnings?

beatinertia
    Participant

thanks v much for reply

Good that I can use a caravanstore awning on a campervan. I suppose the question now is can the necessary brackets be fitted onto my paricular campervan. I phoned my garage and my mechanic is on hol.
    So, if its not a wind out awning what is it, pull out maybe? Are all caravanstore awnings NOT wind out awnings?

beatinertia
    Participant

thanks v much for reply

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    I suspect the brackets can

Hi

I suspect the brackets can be added to you campervan. The caravanstore is a light awning, and can be fitted to most vehicles. Your mechanic should be able to do this for you.

The caravanstore is a Roll Out awning made by Fiamma. It is a cheaper and lighter awning.
    http://www.fiammastore.com/Caravan-Awnings-by-Fiamma/Fiamma-Caravanstore-Caravan-Awning-Canopy

The most popular awning for campervans is the Fiamma Zip awning. This is a Wind Out awning. It is much heavier as it has many metal arms.
    http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Motorhome-Awnings/Fiamma-Zip-Motorcaravan-Awning

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

Hi

I suspect the brackets can be added to you campervan. The caravanstore is a light awning, and can be fitted to most vehicles. Your mechanic should be able to do this for you.

The caravanstore is a Roll Out awning made by Fiamma. It is a cheaper and lighter awning.
    http://www.fiammastore.com/Caravan-Awnings-by-Fiamma/Fiamma-Caravanstore-Caravan-Awning-Canopy

The most popular awning for campervans is the Fiamma Zip awning. This is a Wind Out awning. It is much heavier as it has many metal arms.
    http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Motorhome-Awnings/Fiamma-Zip-Motorcaravan-Awning

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

Hi

beatinertia
    Participant

thanks very much for info
    thanks very much for info darren.

beatinertia
    Participant

beatinertia
    Participant

mham05
    Participant

The caravanstore awnings are
    The caravanstore awnings are really useful, I had one fitted to my transit a few years ago.
    If your just after a canopy on the cheep i would go for a awning rail fixed to the van and a heavy duty tarpaulin.
    I have used one of these for many years and it served me well.
    All I had to do was use the soewing machine and sew a awning piping to one edge and get 2 poles for the outer supports.

mham05
    Participant

The caravanstore awnings are
    The caravanstore awnings are really useful, I had one fitted to my transit a few years ago.
    If your just after a canopy on the cheep i would go for a awning rail fixed to the van and a heavy duty tarpaulin.
    I have used one of these for many years and it served me well.
    All I had to do was use the soewing machine and sew a awning piping to one edge and get 2 poles for the outer supports.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.