Favourite Foods

Home Forum topic Camping Favourite Foods

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Andy P
    Participant

Gotcha, MGR
    Yeah, I get that big time MGR.

It really is not just the meal, is it? It is also the surroundings, the place, the time and the atmosphere. Also, how you feel at the time. All these things add up to turn an average or good meal into a great one. Let me place a bet and say my omelette and your homemade stew have never tasted better since? Oh, and yes, I have made the same dish at home and it is not so good. I reckon that means next trip out, a new dish and new dreams…….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Gotcha, MGR
    Yeah, I get that big time MGR.

It really is not just the meal, is it? It is also the surroundings, the place, the time and the atmosphere. Also, how you feel at the time. All these things add up to turn an average or good meal into a great one. Let me place a bet and say my omelette and your homemade stew have never tasted better since? Oh, and yes, I have made the same dish at home and it is not so good. I reckon that means next trip out, a new dish and new dreams…….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Coffee And Bread
    I have now tried the “breakfast bar-b-q” on my last trip out and found I can get away with making coffee with water boiled on the barby, served with those little bread rolls from the continent that Lidl sale, wrapped in foil and warmed up on the barby. I had mine with a salami selection from Asda out of the coolbox. Coffee, warm bread and sliced meat too. Heaven, and a great start to a day of walking with my dog. Another one to add to my list of favourites.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Coffee And Bread
    I have now tried the “breakfast bar-b-q” on my last trip out and found I can get away with making coffee with water boiled on the barby, served with those little bread rolls from the continent that Lidl sale, wrapped in foil and warmed up on the barby. I had mine with a salami selection from Asda out of the coolbox. Coffee, warm bread and sliced meat too. Heaven, and a great start to a day of walking with my dog. Another one to add to my list of favourites.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Coffee And Bread

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Coffee And Bread

Andy P.

stewart1979
    Participant

bbq has to be the best
    bbq has to be the best especially when cooking fish you’ve just caught from the sea, when its cold we do stew or corned beef hash easy for if there a few to cook for one of our favourite’s for breakfast or a quick snack is cheesy eggy bread beat an egg or 2 in a bowl make a cheese sandwich dip both sides in the egg then fry in a frying pan if you think it doesn’t sound so good i dare you to try it then tell me it isn’t great!! add a bit of Worcester sauce if you prefer

stewart1979
    Participant

bbq has to be the best
    bbq has to be the best especially when cooking fish you’ve just caught from the sea, when its cold we do stew or corned beef hash easy for if there a few to cook for one of our favourite’s for breakfast or a quick snack is cheesy eggy bread beat an egg or 2 in a bowl make a cheese sandwich dip both sides in the egg then fry in a frying pan if you think it doesn’t sound so good i dare you to try it then tell me it isn’t great!! add a bit of Worcester sauce if you prefer

stewart1979
    Participant

bbq has to be the best

stewart1979
    Participant

bbq has to be the best

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.