European Single Trip Breakdown Insurance

Home Forum topic Camping European Single Trip Breakdown Insurance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kate W
    Participant

Hi All

I’m newly registered on the site, but have been reading the forums and information on and off since I got my N-Reg Renault Trafic camper in March.

Anyway, me and my OH are planning an 18 day trip through France in September. We’ve done this in the car with a tent before, but this whole campervan business in Europe is new and exciting.

I have just booked the ferry tickets, but now I am having immense difficulty finding someone to cover the vehicle for breakdown without it being extortionately expensive (i.e. £150 with the AA – twice the price of the ferry crossing!!). Most of the places I’ve seen that will cover us only offer all year round cover, or cover with insurance. I’ve got vehicle insurance already, and don’t want all year round European cover. All I want is coverage for 18 days.

Does anyone have any advice on where to go for breakdown cover for a short trip? The van is 14 years old (1996 registered), 4.8m long, 2m wide and 2.2m high. This last stat means that Vehicle Rescue Direct is out of the question as they only cover vehicles up to 3m tall. HELP!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Re: Campervan Breakdown Insurance for Single Trip to Belgium
    I am travelling to Spa, Belgium for 5 days on Thursday 27 September. My campervan is 16 years old, anyone know where I can get breakdown insurance, just in case. It has breakdown for the UK, but just need it for those few days? Any ideas please?

2. oler campervan insurance
    Have just found this site. I am also trying to find less exhorbitant cover for my 11 year old campervan. I go over to France about 3 times a year. Has anyone heard of anything new since the last comments- other than a german company.
    Thanks

3. Hi
    I would recommend ADAC.

Hi

I would recommend ADAC. They are a German company who offer cover right across Europe.
    They cover vans that are within 3.22m high, 2.55m wide, 10m long, and 7.5 tonnes weight.
    You have to call their phone number and ask for someone who speaks English : 00491 805 10 11 12

It costs €80 per year. I understand it includes recovery when you are in the UK (via AA), but I would recommend confirming this.
    I have heard good things about them.

1. breakdown cover
      try click for cover website you will have to google it got my euro cover last year £70ish that covers upto 3.5t and i phone just to check my lwb van would be ok

1. Thanks for the info!
        Thanks for the info!

2. Thanks for the info Darren.
      Thanks for the info Darren. I’m just a bit wary of dealing with a company that works in a language I have no knowledge of whatsoever….!