European recovery

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself European recovery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    markuspalarcus
    Participant

Hi I’m looking for better breakdown recovery that the RAC he we have. When we tried to use it the following happened.
    We were told that we were too far from a channel port to qualify, the budget for euro recovery being i think £300, and that a local garage would be used instead. If they coudn’t fix it, or deemed the repair to be more than the van’s value we’d be on our own.
    This was the return journey and neither of us wanted to leave the camper (full of beaujolais) in a local garage. In the end we limped back to Calais and got UK breakdown at Dover to sort it out (leaking fuel tank joint).
    So, is here a better policy available? We thought the cover would be a simple case of repatriating the vehicle, Is the above typical of anyone’s experience when they actually have to call in their breakdown cover?
    Help appreciated
    Mark

Rig88
    Participant

I was just looking at
    I was just looking at European Breakdown cover with RAC and it only mentioned what countries you might be going too. So I would definitely be interest in clarification on this if possible. Specially if it means I don’t have to call them 😛

Rig88
    Participant

I was just looking at
    I was just looking at European Breakdown cover with RAC and it only mentioned what countries you might be going too. So I would definitely be interest in clarification on this if possible. Specially if it means I don’t have to call them 😛

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.