europe trip with my daughter

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself europe trip with my daughter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    fairy312
    Participant

Hi finally got my longed for motorhome and managed to get a month off in June. I’m planning to travel with me dog (got his passport sorted) and my 10 year old daughter thru Europe to Italy. Any ideas of educational/historic places to visit and/or places to stay? Thanks Wendy x

mgroadster
    Participant

Well…Of course Pisa &
    Well…Of course Pisa & Florence.
    If you are going down through France and then the Mont Blanc tunnel, buy the “Michelin guide to Caravanning & camping in France” It is full of every site and you can plan your route. The Municipal sites (owned by the town hall) are excellent value and normally very clean.
    Go down through the back roads and avoid the Peages, you will travel through some lovely little towns of beauty and history.

mgroadster
    Participant

Well…Of course Pisa &
    If you are going down through France and then the Mont Blanc tunnel, buy the “Michelin guide to Caravanning & camping in France” It is full of every site and you can plan your route. The Municipal sites (owned by the town hall) are excellent value and normally very clean.
    Go down through the back roads and avoid the Peages, you will travel through some lovely little towns of beauty and history.

mgroadster
    Participant

Well…Of course Pisa &

fairy312
    Participant

thanks
    Thanks. Have to say I’m a bit worried and excited at the same time. Not sure how it will all work out. Confusing how much legal stuff you have to take but I’m just hoping when were on our way it will be OK.

fairy312
    Participant

thanks
    Thanks. Have to say I’m a bit worried and excited at the same time. Not sure how it will all work out. Confusing how much legal stuff you have to take but I’m just hoping when were on our way it will be OK.

fairy312
    Participant

thanks

mgroadster
    Participant

What legal stuff is bothering
    What legal stuff is bothering you?

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

fairy312
    Participant

legal stuff
    Just what we need to take really. I read breathelizer, florescent jacket triangle or maybe two. Worried I’ll forget something. Should the dog be in a pen in the van or is it OK to let him just sit? All things like that really.

fairy312
    Participant

legal stuff
    Just what we need to take really. I read breathelizer, florescent jacket triangle or maybe two. Worried I’ll forget something. Should the dog be in a pen in the van or is it OK to let him just sit? All things like that really.

fairy312
    Participant

legal stuff

mgroadster
    Participant

You can buy the breathaliser
    You can buy the breathaliser at the channel ports. Yes you’ll need a triangle (2 quid from a car booty) fluorescent jackets, spare bulbs, (if driving through Switzerland/Austria a 1st aid kit).
    I,ve transported a cat from spain to Turkey overland via France Italy and Greece and no one gave a toss.
    Don’t forget to either adjust the beam on your headlights (for night driving) or buy beam deflectors from twats like Halfords etc.

mgroadster
    Participant

You can buy the breathaliser
    You can buy the breathaliser at the channel ports. Yes you’ll need a triangle (2 quid from a car booty) fluorescent jackets, spare bulbs, (if driving through Switzerland/Austria a 1st aid kit).
    I,ve transported a cat from spain to Turkey overland via France Italy and Greece and no one gave a toss.
    Don’t forget to either adjust the beam on your headlights (for night driving) or buy beam deflectors from twats like Halfords etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.