Essential Minimum Kit

Home Forum topic Camping Essential Minimum Kit

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Andy P
    Participant

Single Servings
    Having now been out in “them there hills” in the wilds of Kent (?!) I have found the need for a little sauce, condiment or such like to be a great delight when you have it and a sore loss when you go without. This led me to the use of those little single serving sized sachets of tea, coffee, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and so on. I have gotten some from the internet shopping as well as “saving” the “handfull” of sauces from the fast food merchants. KFC moist hand wipes rock, but do not quote me.

Really good stuff – no waste, always fresh and always light and easy to pack away for a trip. Am I deluded to think I am the only one on site to use the sachet approach?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Single Servings
    Having now been out in “them there hills” in the wilds of Kent (?!) I have found the need for a little sauce, condiment or such like to be a great delight when you have it and a sore loss when you go without. This led me to the use of those little single serving sized sachets of tea, coffee, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and so on. I have gotten some from the internet shopping as well as “saving” the “handfull” of sauces from the fast food merchants. KFC moist hand wipes rock, but do not quote me.

Really good stuff – no waste, always fresh and always light and easy to pack away for a trip. Am I deluded to think I am the only one on site to use the sachet approach?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Single Servings

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Single Servings

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

So Cool!
    Back from another trip into the wide open spaces of Kent, such as they are, and with the wonderful discovery of the “Spork”! This little item is a spoon with the side sawn off and sharpened into a knife edge and with the end sawn into fork tines.

Is it a man? Is it a bird? No – it is a Spork, and cheaply found on the good old internet! Get one and save space and weight!

As you can tell, first the sachets and now the spork have gotten me all excited. I think they are great ideas to add to those already mentioned. What do all you walking and hiking guys think?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

So Cool!
    Back from another trip into the wide open spaces of Kent, such as they are, and with the wonderful discovery of the “Spork”! This little item is a spoon with the side sawn off and sharpened into a knife edge and with the end sawn into fork tines.

Is it a man? Is it a bird? No – it is a Spork, and cheaply found on the good old internet! Get one and save space and weight!

As you can tell, first the sachets and now the spork have gotten me all excited. I think they are great ideas to add to those already mentioned. What do all you walking and hiking guys think?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

So Cool!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

So Cool!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

And Another Thing!
    Must mention this. I found out the hard way on my last trip out – take some doggy poo bags, placed within a plastic bag complete with a toilet paper roll. Simple and great to have, yet so sorely ( and I mean that ) missed when without.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

And Another Thing!
    Must mention this. I found out the hard way on my last trip out – take some doggy poo bags, placed within a plastic bag complete with a toilet paper roll. Simple and great to have, yet so sorely ( and I mean that ) missed when without.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

And Another Thing!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

And Another Thing!

Andy P.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.