Essential Minimum Kit

Home Forum topic Camping Essential Minimum Kit

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Andy P
    Participant

Silly Boy
    What a fool, I had not even thought of how to pick up the hot tin. In fact, thinking about it now, I had not even thought of a thick cloth, pliers or anything to hold a hot tin. That could have ruined an otherwise great meal, freshly heated up……

Thanks for that, MGR. I shall hunt down the billy set at wilkinsons.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Silly Boy
    What a fool, I had not even thought of how to pick up the hot tin. In fact, thinking about it now, I had not even thought of a thick cloth, pliers or anything to hold a hot tin. That could have ruined an otherwise great meal, freshly heated up……

Thanks for that, MGR. I shall hunt down the billy set at wilkinsons.

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Proud Owner Of New Kit
    I stopped off on the way to my local Wilkinsons at a place called Camping International in Gillingham. It is a bad shop – I saw loads of stuff I could have splashed out on. Wow, but do they have loads of gear! If you happen to be in need of kit and in or near to the Medway area, check it out.

Anyway, I now have a set of aluminium cooking pans, complete with lids and mess tins and a plier-like grabber that fits everything, including food tins! It is clever, using the little ridge around the tin to grab hold of. Came in cheaply too at less than a tenner for a lot of kit. Now I shall have to worry over how to wash it all up at camp…..

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Proud Owner Of New Kit
    I stopped off on the way to my local Wilkinsons at a place called Camping International in Gillingham. It is a bad shop – I saw loads of stuff I could have splashed out on. Wow, but do they have loads of gear! If you happen to be in need of kit and in or near to the Medway area, check it out.

Anyway, I now have a set of aluminium cooking pans, complete with lids and mess tins and a plier-like grabber that fits everything, including food tins! It is clever, using the little ridge around the tin to grab hold of. Came in cheaply too at less than a tenner for a lot of kit. Now I shall have to worry over how to wash it all up at camp…..

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Proud Owner Of New Kit

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Proud Owner Of New Kit

Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

If I’m not sure about water.
    If I’m not sure about water. I always carry 3 x 2 ltr bottles of “Asda” still water on board @17p a bottle.

mgroadster
    Participant

If I’m not sure about water. I always carry 3 x 2 ltr bottles of “Asda” still water on board @17p a bottle.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Andy P
    Participant

Bottled water sounds good
    Bootled water is a sure fire way to go to be sure of something to drink. I wonder whether a mobile phone has now become a must if I go wandering off with my dog. OK, I shall make sure I tell family where I am going, when and for how long, but surely a phone is a must? And maybe an emergency whistle too? What say all you guys?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Bootled water is a sure fire way to go to be sure of something to drink. I wonder whether a mobile phone has now become a must if I go wandering off with my dog. OK, I shall make sure I tell family where I am going, when and for how long, but surely a phone is a must? And maybe an emergency whistle too? What say all you guys?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

A whistle is standard kit in
    A whistle is standard kit in all climbers/Hikers kit.(I always took one along with compass and other eseentials when going up Skidaw/Helvelyn and others).
    A mobile ph. these days id very handy…..if you can get a signal in the wilds of the countryside.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.