Electric problem – Inverter / plugs

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Electric problem – Inverter / plugs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    deanoet
    Participant

Recently converted a Mercedes Sprinter van to a camper and we used it for the first time at the weekend. All worked okay except for the plugs

The setup is:
    Leisure battery (115ah) to distribution panel to inverter to double plug sockets

When charging a phone it worked fine, but when plugging in anything higher draw (60w so not crazy and the inverter is 450w rated) the battery display on the distribution panel empties, the device plugged in switches off and the battery power jumps back up again. And then the cycle continues

I will admit that I havent done basic connection checks or anything yet for loose connections as the van is stored away from home, but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be as electrics are not my strong point.

Apologies for first post being a question. Will get an intro sorted and posted.

Thanks

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Nothing springs to mind as to why this would happen.
    Why distribution panel do you have?

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Nothing springs to mind as to why this would happen.
    Why distribution panel do you have?

deanoet
    Participant
    deanoet
    Participant
    deanoet
    Participant

It was the wire we had used
    It was the wire we had used for the inverter. Put in a thicker wire and it works fine.
    Tested inverter direct to battery and worked fine.

deanoet
    Participant

It was the wire we had used
    It was the wire we had used for the inverter. Put in a thicker wire and it works fine.
    Tested inverter direct to battery and worked fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.