Day van heating

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Day van heating

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yellow van
    Participant

Hi, just about to start a day an / camper conversion. Just wondering how adequate is the van (cab only) heating for passengers in the rear of the van. I am more concerned with when driving in the winter.
    Camping is likely to be summer and sited with hook up, so fan heater is easy.
    Thanks.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Generally it’s fine.
    You can normally set the dash fans to blow directly towards the back, and the heat will be enough to warm the back of the van, given a little time.

I wouldn’t worry about fitting heating in the back.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Generally it’s fine.
    You can normally set the dash fans to blow directly towards the back, and the heat will be enough to warm the back of the van, given a little time.

I wouldn’t worry about fitting heating in the back.

Yellow van
    Participant

Thanks Darren, that’s what I
    Thanks Darren, that’s what I’m hoping.

Yellow van
    Participant

Thanks Darren, that’s what I
    Thanks Darren, that’s what I’m hoping.

Owelly
    Participant

What size van?!
    I’ve found that the cab-heater isn’t really up to keeping the rear of a large van warm. Even if it’s well insulated, there’s a lot of space to keep warm. It’s for this reason that most large MPVs (and Mazda Bongos) have a separate heating system in the rear.
    I’ve gone one step further and I’ve fitted an Eberspächer air heater in the back of my conversion. It keeps the rear toasty warm whilst travelling as well as whilst ‘wild-camping’. I also have an Eberspächer water heater to plumb-in which will heat the stored water, run a couple of low lever heat-strips as well as pre-heat the engine when necessary. My Eberspächers run off my main diesel tank and use such a tiny amount of fuel, you don’t notice it. They also have a low-voltage protection built-in so they shut down if the battery voltage gets a bit low.

Owelly
    Participant

What size van?!
    I’ve found that the cab-heater isn’t really up to keeping the rear of a large van warm. Even if it’s well insulated, there’s a lot of space to keep warm. It’s for this reason that most large MPVs (and Mazda Bongos) have a separate heating system in the rear.
    I’ve gone one step further and I’ve fitted an Eberspächer air heater in the back of my conversion. It keeps the rear toasty warm whilst travelling as well as whilst ‘wild-camping’. I also have an Eberspächer water heater to plumb-in which will heat the stored water, run a couple of low lever heat-strips as well as pre-heat the engine when necessary. My Eberspächers run off my main diesel tank and use such a tiny amount of fuel, you don’t notice it. They also have a low-voltage protection built-in so they shut down if the battery voltage gets a bit low.

retford pugman
    Participant

small, plain, vehicle
    small, plain, vehicle heaters can be obtained. you just need to tap into the heater pipes and put a switched electric supply to them. i used to have a nissan serina, it had a small heater under the rear seats.

retford pugman
    Participant

small, plain, vehicle
    small, plain, vehicle heaters can be obtained. you just need to tap into the heater pipes and put a switched electric supply to them. i used to have a nissan serina, it had a small heater under the rear seats.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.