Crew cab or panel van

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Crew cab or panel van

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jimijac27
    Participant

Hiya. I am currently looking for my first van to convert. I like the Vivaro/Traffic LWB vans. I know they are nice to drive and are roomy. My question I would like to ask is a crew cab a better base than a panel van. Is the extra door and factory fitted windows a bonus or are retro fitted windows a better option. I am also considering a LWB high roof. Let me know your opinions please. Jim

Darren

Hi
    Hi

One isn’t better than the other, but the crew can might suit your conversion ideas more.
    The crew cab seems to have pre-fitter windows (which is good), and they seem to open (which is really good).
    The inside of the sliding doors is nicely finished, the floor looks good.
    The rear seat might be useable, depending on your ideas. You could always sell it.

I think it looks good. Definitely worth thinking about.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

One isn’t better than the other, but the crew can might suit your conversion ideas more.
    The crew cab seems to have pre-fitter windows (which is good), and they seem to open (which is really good).
    The inside of the sliding doors is nicely finished, the floor looks good.
    The rear seat might be useable, depending on your ideas. You could always sell it.

I think it looks good. Definitely worth thinking about.

jimijac27
    Participant

Thanks for that Darren. Off
    Thanks for that Darren. Off to look at a few tomorrow. Crew cabs and High Tops. I have been told that the crew cab kit of seats, plastic bulkhead and roof lining is worth about £700-800 so would go towards some of the conversation.

Jim

jimijac27
    Participant

Thanks for that Darren. Off
    Thanks for that Darren. Off to look at a few tomorrow. Crew cabs and High Tops. I have been told that the crew cab kit of seats, plastic bulkhead and roof lining is worth about £700-800 so would go towards some of the conversation.

Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.