Covenant not allowing campervan on drive

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Covenant not allowing campervan on drive

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joshandsarah
    Participant

Hello,

Looking for some advice really…

Just bought new house (whole street are newly built houses) Havent met neighbours yet… but have noticed they have a campervan parked on their driveway with is against the convenant we signed when we bought the house. Any polite suggestions on how to ask them to move their campervan from their drive and put it into storage – without offending. I too like campervans but its against the ‘rules’ and i dont think it fair that there is 1 rule for them and another for everyone else.

JoshandSarah

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. not sure but
    not sure but i think something like that only its to do with fences around the front garden but everybody now got small wall or some type of fence did you sort it if i may ask

2. If it genuinely is an issue
    If it genuinely is an issue then inform the council. It’ll be a planning issue so upto them to enforce it. Check the deeds thoroughly though as many mention caravans but not campervans.

Edit: Just saw the post date. Sorry for adding to a thread from the dead!

3. How did it go?
    Josh and Sarah,

How did it go? Did you go and chat to the neighbour and sort it out, or is it still a problem and you have to go down the legal route? I hope you talked to the man next door and it all worked out for the best.

Andy P.

4. Aw, Cmon.
    Listen everyone,

Leave poor old Josh and Sarah alone. I can see their point of view entirely. I always check the convenant on a new property and as soon as I move in I charge up and down the street seeing if I can pick fault in anyone else’s parking or vehicles. You know what, I bet these neighbours only have a cheap, second hand van in one of those drab paint jobs. In fact, I bet they use the van purely for fun, the devils, smile and – dare I say it – laugh at times. Should be made illegal. I would feel just as put out as these poor souls and my first actions would be to twitch the curtains and log on to the internet to get advice. Talk to the neighbours! Are you mad?

Anyway, I have to go untie the penguin so we can continue our chess game. Crazy.

Andy P.

5. thank god
    the deeds of our house also state no caravans to be kept in drivewaysbut doesnt mention campervans …there must be at least three caravans kept on drive ways …obviously folk round our way have a life ……thank god

6. LIke
    You said its their drive. Shame there are enough busy bodies. I am glad my neighbours like me I have two parked on my drive. But they are getting on with their lifes with more important things. We need MGR humour on this one.

7. Covenant
    Our estate has a covenant for caravans boats and white work vans, but not camper vans. initially most of the caravan owners changed to camper vans, but now ten years on anything goes. If if the van is not offending you in anyway why worry and upset your new neighbours. I dont really understand why someone who is reading a campervan forum would ask such questions. So sorry I have to agree with the others Get a Life or a Van…

8. put the street name on
    put the street name on here…………………….so we can all come and park our vans

9. Covenant,
    I have heard of this for commercial vehicles but never a campervan, Did your covenant specifically say campervans, I doubt it??? If it causes offence to you MAN up and go over there and tell them to shift it as its against the covenant. get a life ffs, Or you could go and introduce yourself as a new neighbour and ask all about the campervan on his drive,get to know your neighbours, you never know you might get on,
    Its not this one is it???

10. “Just bought new house (whole
    “Just bought new house (whole street are newly built houses) Havent met neighbours yet… but have noticed they have a campervan parked on their driveway with is against the convenant we signed when we bought the house. Any polite suggestions on how to ask them to move their campervan from their drive and put it into storage – without offending. I too like campervans but its against the ‘rules’ and i dont think it fair that there is 1 rule for them and another for everyone else. ”

Right forgot wether or not you think its fair. Is it actually causing you a problem is what you should be thinking. If not then forget about it. Why bother causing a potential issue? Alternatively stick your camper on the drive too.

KS

11. twinwebber16001972 February 18, 2012 at 11:19 pm

nasty campervan!!! 2 THE NAUGHTY STEP , AT ONCE!!
    get a life u 2 , will ya? wot u got , a MONDEO ? SOME PEOPLE JUST WANNA HAVE FUN! NEVER!!! MET A CAMPERVAN OWNER I DIDN”T LIKE ! PEACE N” LOVE 2 ALL, IT IS A SHORT TIME WE ARE APON THIS EARTH !!

12. Not met ’em yet and already
    Not met ’em yet and already want to cause trouble lol …

13. Maybe the neighbours don’t
    Maybe the neighbours don’t have a covenant on their property.

14. Hi
    I think the quickest and

Hi

I think the quickest and best option would be to approach your neighbours.
    After that I would approach the developers or local council, whoever enforces the convenant.

1. Think josh n sarah should get
      Think josh n sarah should get a life