Cost

Home Forum topic Camping Cost

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    freefallmatt
    Participant

Hi guys i am planning to travel in my campervan T4 conversion for up to a year around Europe with my wife and my dog 🙂

I was just wondering if anybody could give me a rough estimate what it should cost average on a month to month basis. We will be doing alot of wild camping and trying where possible to pitch up on free campsites.

I understand the amount of driving you do increases the costs damatically because of the increase in fuel but I am just trying to find a happy medium cost for an average amount of driving/living for a month from experienced campers 🙂

All advise welcome on all aspects of my proposed travels.

Darren
    Keymaster

I happily wild camped for
    I happily wild camped for around €10 per day. I would stay at campsites about twice a week, and would find campsites for less than €10 per day.
    My driving during that time would be minimam. It is possible to spend less than that. Maybe €5 per day with no driving and very careful food shopping.

Darren
    Keymaster

I happily wild camped for around €10 per day. I would stay at campsites about twice a week, and would find campsites for less than €10 per day.
    My driving during that time would be minimam. It is possible to spend less than that. Maybe €5 per day with no driving and very careful food shopping.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

To save the most money make
    To save the most money make your van as self sufficient as possible.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

endlesstravel
    Participant

How to save $ on fuel
    Some tips for saving money on fuel:
    – Avoid idling, skip the drive through, check traffic reports
    – Only use AC on highway, using AC while going slow use more energy (8+% of your tank)
    – Make sure your gas cap has a good seal, other wise gasoline evaporates out, especially in the sun.
    – Don’t use roof rack as an attic, don’t haul bikes and other things, that aren’t needed, they create drag using more fuel.
    – Always keep good air pressure in the tires, replace air filters, spark plugs and oil when needed.
    Also, really helpful blog about small campers: http://bestsmallcampers.com/

endlesstravel
    Participant

How to save $ on fuel
    – Only use AC on highway, using AC while going slow use more energy (8+% of your tank)
    – Make sure your gas cap has a good seal, other wise gasoline evaporates out, especially in the sun.
    – Don’t use roof rack as an attic, don’t haul bikes and other things, that aren’t needed, they create drag using more fuel.
    – Always keep good air pressure in the tires, replace air filters, spark plugs and oil when needed.

endlesstravel
    Participant

How to save $ on fuel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.