conversion

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself conversion

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Darren.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    holly123
    Participant

Vauxhall movano Lwb minibus

holly123
    Participant

SEAT BELTS
    HI all, me and my wife are just starting our first conversion but struggling on the laws around people sitting in the back while traveling, if the seats which turn into a bed face the middle of the van do they need seatbelts on them or not? also whats the simplest way to heat the campers, thanks holly123

holly123
    Participant

SEAT BELTS
    HI all, me and my wife are just starting our first conversion but struggling on the laws around people sitting in the back while traveling, if the seats which turn into a bed face the middle of the van do they need seatbelts on them or not? also whats the simplest way to heat the campers, thanks holly123

Darren

Hi
    Hi

It’s a bit complicated, but, if you do your own conversion, the vague law suggests that you do not need seatbelts on the rear seats.
    However, your insurance company will almost certainly insist that every passenger has a seat belt.
    The Police will probably also insist that all passengers are wearing a seatbelt.

So the reality is, you need seatbelts.

If you are on a campsite hookup, a small electric heater is best.
    For off-grid camping, a proper vented heater, such as the Propex 2000 is good. It’s expensive, but very good. I have one.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

It’s a bit complicated, but, if you do your own conversion, the vague law suggests that you do not need seatbelts on the rear seats.
    However, your insurance company will almost certainly insist that every passenger has a seat belt.
    The Police will probably also insist that all passengers are wearing a seatbelt.

So the reality is, you need seatbelts.

If you are on a campsite hookup, a small electric heater is best.
    For off-grid camping, a proper vented heater, such as the Propex 2000 is good. It’s expensive, but very good. I have one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.