Considering a Talbot Express – am I crazy?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Considering a Talbot Express – am I crazy?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hi interested to know if you
    hi interested to know if you purchased a talbot. I have just got one and hoping we got a bargain!!

Anonymous

hi interested to know if you purchased a talbot. I have just got one and hoping we got a bargain!!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Nomad
    Participant

The first generation Express,
    The first generation Express, J5, C25 and Ducato, same car /w different badge.
    Have proven to last. But nowadays mileage, rust and lack of maintenance have taken their toll on most cars. Not as high of a fixed value as a VW. Should definately be considered, however a newer generation car will have better brakes, mileage, safety, comfort, hp, etc and weighs 1000 kg less.

If you plan to restore and build your own van, the price of restoring a 20y old car and restoring a 10y old wont differ that much. Thus I’d reccomend the younger model. PSA and VW both make great vans. The problem lies in finding one thats not mistreated. My 2 cents.

Nomad
    Participant

The first generation Express,
    The first generation Express, J5, C25 and Ducato, same car /w different badge.
    Have proven to last. But nowadays mileage, rust and lack of maintenance have taken their toll on most cars. Not as high of a fixed value as a VW. Should definately be considered, however a newer generation car will have better brakes, mileage, safety, comfort, hp, etc and weighs 1000 kg less.

If you plan to restore and build your own van, the price of restoring a 20y old car and restoring a 10y old wont differ that much. Thus I’d reccomend the younger model. PSA and VW both make great vans. The problem lies in finding one thats not mistreated. My 2 cents.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.