condensation on the windows

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions condensation on the windows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    markyboy
    Participant

Hi all

I am looking at new ways to stop or at least reduce the condensation on my windows when sleeping in the van. Currently i have made window blinds out of the same insulation material (foil backed bubble wrap) i used in the van and these work great although they take a while to put up at night.
    I was thinking of using black out blind material backed with foil blankets that can be attached via velcro tabs as a curtain around the front of the van. has anyone tried this way or do they have any other suggestions?

Cheers
    Markyboy

Darren

Hi Markyboy
    Hi Markyboy

I think the only real way of avoiding condensation is to leave the window open, even only a tiny amount.
    Insulation foil wrap does work really well, especially if you get it as close to the window as possible. The best use of this I have seen is a board cut to the size of the window, then the foil added to it. The board fits perfectly to the window and keeps the light and condensation out. How the board fits in the window varies depends on your window type.

Darren

Hi Markyboy
    Hi Markyboy

I think the only real way of avoiding condensation is to leave the window open, even only a tiny amount.
    Insulation foil wrap does work really well, especially if you get it as close to the window as possible. The best use of this I have seen is a board cut to the size of the window, then the foil added to it. The board fits perfectly to the window and keeps the light and condensation out. How the board fits in the window varies depends on your window type.

mufftydiver1960
    Participant

window blinds
    i’ve made my window blinds with foil bubble wrap ( wickes ) , eyelet kit ,window suckers and split rings all off ebay, these work amazingly well can be made to fit any size and shape of window roll up and store easily in a cupboard and they work but best of all they’re CHEAP . make a template from lining paper or wall paper, if the bubble wrap isn’t wide enough just join it using high temp spray adhesive ( don’t use carpet glue it melts in hot weather.

mufftydiver1960
    Participant

window blinds
    i’ve made my window blinds with foil bubble wrap ( wickes ) , eyelet kit ,window suckers and split rings all off ebay, these work amazingly well can be made to fit any size and shape of window roll up and store easily in a cupboard and they work but best of all they’re CHEAP . make a template from lining paper or wall paper, if the bubble wrap isn’t wide enough just join it using high temp spray adhesive ( don’t use carpet glue it melts in hot weather.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.