Combination oven/grill/microwave

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Combination oven/grill/microwave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    woosman
    Participant

Hi all,

Has anybody ever fitted or thought about fitting one of these to there vans? Or something similar. I’m not keen on the idea of travelling around with a gas bottle in the van or the thought of a flame/ring inside, was thinking something like this with a suitable power supply might tick a few more boxes.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/microwaves/panasonic-nn-ct552wbpq-combination-microwave-white-12309598-pdt.html?gclid=CNu4gfTF97sCFfKWtAodDXIA_w&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!30420830364!!!g!64556524884!&ef_id=Uj4t3QAABPOmgBdP:20140112020345:s

I’m thinking toast, beans, bacon, soup, pizza, sausages, anything could be cooked in it, what do people think? Would it even be possible? The above one is just an example so if anybody has any suggestions or can find a suitable cheaper option then please add to the topic. Would be good to find something the same but cheaper, probably find some on ebay I guess?

Any thoughts????

WildCamper1983
    Participant

Its definitely worth a
    Its definitely worth a thought just for space saving etc. However, my concern would be energy consumption; if on an electric hook up then I guess it’s not a major issue but if you had to rely on leisure batteries etc when in more remote locations what sort of power consumption would you be looking at?

WildCamper1983
    Participant

Its definitely worth a
    Its definitely worth a thought just for space saving etc. However, my concern would be energy consumption; if on an electric hook up then I guess it’s not a major issue but if you had to rely on leisure batteries etc when in more remote locations what sort of power consumption would you be looking at?

woosman
    Participant

Yeh that would be my
    Yeh that would be my concerns, as I am a newbie to all this I’m not sure what we would be looking at for power wise, It wouldn’t be for cooking roasts in though, but thought it will do a lot, grill the toast, bacon etc etc, microwave the beans. But if out somewhere and just want something quick and easy, a pizza.

I am a few months away to getting to this stage but would keep a look out for some on ebay if it is possible.

woosman
    Participant

Yeh that would be my
    Yeh that would be my concerns, as I am a newbie to all this I’m not sure what we would be looking at for power wise, It wouldn’t be for cooking roasts in though, but thought it will do a lot, grill the toast, bacon etc etc, microwave the beans. But if out somewhere and just want something quick and easy, a pizza.

I am a few months away to getting to this stage but would keep a look out for some on ebay if it is possible.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.