Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

One tip is this…..Don’t use
    One tip is this…..Don’t use twin & earth on your camper unless running it through conduit.flexi duct.
    I am going to use arctic grade 3 core 1.5 & 2.5 flex to allow for elasticity and temp fluctuations.

mgroadster
    Participant

One tip is this…..Don’t use twin & earth on your camper unless running it through conduit.flexi duct.
    I am going to use arctic grade 3 core 1.5 & 2.5 flex to allow for elasticity and temp fluctuations.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging
    @mgroadster Why not use twin and earth? also wouldn’t you use metallic conduit for the 230V side?

@Darren
    I had a problem using the standard relay charging system when my van lay unused for a few months and the leisure battery was almost completely drained by a rouge light. When I turned to ignition, the relay closed the current rush was so high between the two batteries that the relay melted destroying the lot. The main battery was also so drained that i was unable to start and needed a new starter battery. Is there any preventative measures that can be taken.

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging
    @mgroadster Why not use twin and earth? also wouldn’t you use metallic conduit for the 230V side?

@Darren
    I had a problem using the standard relay charging system when my van lay unused for a few months and the leisure battery was almost completely drained by a rouge light. When I turned to ignition, the relay closed the current rush was so high between the two batteries that the relay melted destroying the lot. The main battery was also so drained that i was unable to start and needed a new starter battery. Is there any preventative measures that can be taken.

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging

@Darren

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging

@Darren

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging

@Darren

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging

@Darren

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging

@Darren

Ste_Mulv
    Participant

Cable and Split Charging

@Darren

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.