Camper Van / Motorhome for sale Peugeot boxer £2750 ono NOW SOLD This VAN IS NOW SOLD

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale Camper Van / Motorhome for sale Peugeot boxer £2750 ono NOW SOLD This VAN IS NOW SOLD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    thegrumpygypsy
    Participant

Hi, my partner and myself have been living in our wonderful motorhome ‘Bruno’ in cornwall since almost completing the conversion in may 2011. (here’s a link to lots of pics of the makeover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruno_van It started life as a mini bus, and we stripped it out,framed and insulated it, carpeted, put flooring down, made bed frame, kitchen, black out blinds etc. We spent alot of time and effort trying to make a nice job of it, and kept it simple in terms of gadgets. It has 12v leisure battery with relay and solar charger, a 12v igloo fridge, and a gas cooker/oven. Because we were to live in it, the most important things were being able to cook (decent gas cooker) and getting a good nights sleep (memory foam mattress) and we wanted it to be spacious, so we didnt feel cramped even though its not a massive van. So, simple, jolly, and comfortable. About Two months ago, we travelled down to andalucia in spain to live for about 8 months. Since being here i have started building spanish guitars and we decided to rent a house in order to persue that more. One of my guitar building tutors lives in lewes, and offered to drive the van back to england for us so we can sell him, so now he is in Lewes near brighton awaiting his next owners. We would love to keep him, but need the money to pay rent and buy guitar building supplies, it was a tough call, but we have come to learn in life to move on when the time is right. Many happy memomries, and i’m sure in the future we will build Bruno no 2, but for now we’re back in a house. I recommend living in a van though as a great way to work out what you really need. I am a musician and my partner is an artist, and though we didnt have loads and loads, I had a small PA in the back, Lauren had her art materials, and we still had loads of living space. The bed worked really well, and we had all our clothes stored in tubs under the front half, and if you open the back, you could access loads more space for Pa equipment etc. Lauren’s art trunk also made a great seat, and we even had a small library above the cab, wow. As with most vans, It has a few foybles, but nothing too major, and mechanicaly he’s been great, i’ve changed the oil and filter a few times, put a new fuel filter in about 3500 mile ago, and he’s done over 3000 miles to south west spain and back with no issues.
    For selling purposes, there is more info on ebay, item no:250926695061 and i’m happy to chat about him to, or offer advice on stuff, this site was really helpful too when we did the conversion.
    Thanks for reading this, Graham and Lauren

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest
    This maybe the cruelest comment you may ever receive from here, and I don’t like doing it….but Please hang on to him because manufacturing and selling Spanish guitars in Spain is poss. like the “coals to Newcastle” saying and I would hate to see you end up with nothing if it all goes “tits up” and you lose your rental home. We hope it won’t but I personally would consider living in him until your business module comes to fruition.(Anyway it’s winter time now and Spring commands the best prices). 200% good luck to you.
    I would hate to see you lose your home and your “fall back home” if all you need the money for is rent.

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest
    This maybe the cruelest comment you may ever receive from here, and I don’t like doing it….but Please hang on to him because manufacturing and selling Spanish guitars in Spain is poss. like the “coals to Newcastle” saying and I would hate to see you end up with nothing if it all goes “tits up” and you lose your rental home. We hope it won’t but I personally would consider living in him until your business module comes to fruition.(Anyway it’s winter time now and Spring commands the best prices). 200% good luck to you.
    I would hate to see you lose your home and your “fall back home” if all you need the money for is rent.

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

mgroadster
    Participant

This maybe the cruelest

thegrumpygypsy
    Participant

Thanks for your comments,
    Thanks for your comments, Good of you to be honest. Your probably right, and we thought about it extensively before making the call, but he’s already back in england now, and we have to follow the path which seems right at the time, and, there’s not enough space in Bruno to make guitars, so we have to think positively, and I’m sure he’ll go to a good home. Maybe when we could even buy him back one day.
    Thanks again mgroadster

thegrumpygypsy
    Participant

Thanks for your comments,
    Thanks for your comments, Good of you to be honest. Your probably right, and we thought about it extensively before making the call, but he’s already back in england now, and we have to follow the path which seems right at the time, and, there’s not enough space in Bruno to make guitars, so we have to think positively, and I’m sure he’ll go to a good home. Maybe when we could even buy him back one day.
    Thanks again mgroadster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.