Camper van make/model height restrictions/considerations-particularly in Europe

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Camper van make/model height restrictions/considerations-particularly in Europe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rdra
    Participant

Hi (and apologises if this question has been asked before – I have looked). I will be buying a panel van to convert to a camper. I am researching a medium (or medium/small) size van (not crazy mileage/fairly new (2014+) reliable with decent mpg if poss.) that I will be living in for periods of perhaps, 4-6 weeks at a time. Only me (Im only 5ft 7) and some windsurf/kite surf/mountain bike kit..I am hearing that I need to consider van height and possibly stay away from a hightop due to many EU car parks now having height barriers to prevent overnight stays. any truth in this? If so any ideas the height a van would need to be to go under? I am thinking about the option of a pop up roof? I’m also find. I’m not sure about SWB/MWB versus LWB and the pros/cons – thank you if anyone can give me their thoughts/opinions. Really appreciated..Richard 🙂

Darren
    Keymaster

Height restrictions differ a fair bit.
    I personally wouldn’t worry about this. I have a hi-top Sprinter and have very little problem with parking in remote (e.g. beach) carparks.
    If you want to stay in more urban car parks then it might be a problem.
    I have a MWB and it works perfectly for us. You can just get it in a car park space. A LWB is always a hassle.
    I’d love a SWB for the drivability but like the extra space of the MWB.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.