camper van kitchen unit

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions camper van kitchen unit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bongomaniac
    Participant

Hi all,great site just what we need.
    I have just taken delivery of a 1996 ford freda 8 seater with pull down blinds and all the usual creature comforts but I decided to make it a bit more friendly for longer trips so thought that i would put some sort of kitchen unit in the back.
    Several years back i had a mazda bongo with the kitchen unit already installed and it was brill but it was also £600 to buy.
    I have been around the net and it appears that the price has practically doubled.
    I personally don’t think that this is a reasonable amount to pay (probably because i’m tight) so I was wondering if anybody out there in camperland had any plans for building a basic kitchen unit to hold a sink and cooker and a couple of cupboards. I don’t need a full cooker, just something to boil a kettle so a single ring camper stove would do,
    cheers,bongomaniac.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    They are very expensive

Hi

They are very expensive for what they are.
    Making one if fairly straightforward, but I don’t know of any plans.

If you scroll to the bottom of the following page there are some pictures that show examples of such kitchen areas. They are a good place to start making one.
    https://www.campervanlife.com/building/layouts

You can source a used campervan sink from £10 on eBay, and a used stove for a similar price.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    They are very expensive

Hi

If you scroll to the bottom of the following page there are some pictures that show examples of such kitchen areas. They are a good place to start making one.

You can source a used campervan sink from £10 on eBay, and a used stove for a similar price.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    They are very expensive

Hi

mham05
    Participant

You could try and make your
    You could try and make your own?
    Mine cost me about £120 to make I got the sink from ebay for 5 pounds and the and the stove was also 5 pounds. the rest was made from 2 sheets of 4mm ply and some 20mm square doorstop for a frame.
    You can make it to your spec then.

mham05
    Participant

Mine cost me about £120 to make I got the sink from ebay for 5 pounds and the and the stove was also 5 pounds. the rest was made from 2 sheets of 4mm ply and some 20mm square doorstop for a frame.

mham05
    Participant

mham05
    Participant

I have been short of a table
    I have been short of a table so I decided to use the cupboard door to save carrying extra stuff.

mham05
    Participant

I have been short of a table so I decided to use the cupboard door to save carrying extra stuff.

mham05
    Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.