camper van conversion which van

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions camper van conversion which van

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    robbie
    Participant

Hi there

Iam interested in building a camper van conversion and was wondering what vans would be best im hoping to either build one that would hold two adults and two children or possibly buying a conversion kit to fit in the van. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’ve never tried this before

Thank you

Darren

Hi
    Hi

All vans should be considered really, as they’re all reliable these days.
    If you want to buy a kit and fit it, you’ll be restricted to perhaps the Ford Transit, as there are many kits for this. Or the VW Transporter. Although to sleep 4, you’ll need a bigger van like the Transit.
    Do you think you’ll use a kit?

Darren

Hi
    Hi

All vans should be considered really, as they’re all reliable these days.
    If you want to buy a kit and fit it, you’ll be restricted to perhaps the Ford Transit, as there are many kits for this. Or the VW Transporter. Although to sleep 4, you’ll need a bigger van like the Transit.
    Do you think you’ll use a kit?

robbie
    Participant

Hi Darren
    Hi Darren
    Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure at the moment. I have a friend that worked doing the joinery side for a company in the west of Scotland helping build conversions. I spoke to the manager of the business and the price he quoted me was way over my budget. Iam possibly looking at buying the kits as I saw ones for £1000 but I think as you say they may only be for certain vans. If I can manage to get a bigger van and try and coax my friend into helping me build his own conversion. And hopefully save money at the same time.

Is it possible to get four berth kits for the transit? . looking to build something for me my partner and two children

robbie
    Participant

Hi Darren
    Hi Darren
    Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure at the moment. I have a friend that worked doing the joinery side for a company in the west of Scotland helping build conversions. I spoke to the manager of the business and the price he quoted me was way over my budget. Iam possibly looking at buying the kits as I saw ones for £1000 but I think as you say they may only be for certain vans. If I can manage to get a bigger van and try and coax my friend into helping me build his own conversion. And hopefully save money at the same time.

Is it possible to get four berth kits for the transit? . looking to build something for me my partner and two children

robbie
    Participant

Is that your conversion on
    Is that your conversion on your profile picture? It looks a cracker

robbie
    Participant

Is that your conversion on
    Is that your conversion on your profile picture? It looks a cracker

Darren

There are kits like these
    There are kits like these available
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPER-VAN-FURNITURE-CONVERSION-KIT-CITROEN-RELAY-PEUGEOT-BOXER-DUCATO-5-BERTH-/131148360950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e890d2cf6

This doesn’t include the pictures such as sink, fridge, etc.
    It’s worth contacting the seller as they say they have kits for other vehicles. Hopefully they have something that will suit 4 berth.

That is my van, thanks. Will be adding some pictures to the site soon.

Darren

There are kits like these
    There are kits like these available
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPER-VAN-FURNITURE-CONVERSION-KIT-CITROEN-RELAY-PEUGEOT-BOXER-DUCATO-5-BERTH-/131148360950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e890d2cf6

This doesn’t include the pictures such as sink, fridge, etc.
    It’s worth contacting the seller as they say they have kits for other vehicles. Hopefully they have something that will suit 4 berth.

That is my van, thanks. Will be adding some pictures to the site soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.