Camper restoration

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Camper restoration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tonymac
    Participant

Hi guys, my mate an I have bought a 1971 Fiat 238 camper which needs alot of work. Apart from a lot of body work the interior is missing. I have a photo of the original interior but I was thinking of changing it to VW style with forward facing and seat belts.

Not many of these about anyone else out there? Hoping to have it finished by the summer and then take it back to Italy.

Maybe you could give me some ideas

Thanks Tony

mgroadster
    Participant

As long as the chassis and
    As long as the chassis and mechanics are sound, the body work is elementary. You may need a welder to replace some metal.
    I think your biggest problem is going to be finding parts that you may need to get it through a test unless it looks worst than it really is.
    Once you have kicked the mechanics into touch and sorted out the running gear, start penciling sketches of an interior that suits you. It looks aprox the size of a VW camper, maybe longer so might be good idea to take on board VW ideas….BUT also it is a retro campervan and an interior similar to the original would also go down well for authenticity. Is it a left hooker or RHD?
    If your going to take it to Italy, book your Eurotunnel now, it’s cheaper. I’ve just booked my LWB high top transit camper on the tunnel for £132 return. Also it’ll give you the impetous to complete it on time…(mines not finished yet but will be by Easter and ready for a “test” camp).

mgroadster
    Participant

As long as the chassis and mechanics are sound, the body work is elementary. You may need a welder to replace some metal.
    I think your biggest problem is going to be finding parts that you may need to get it through a test unless it looks worst than it really is.
    Once you have kicked the mechanics into touch and sorted out the running gear, start penciling sketches of an interior that suits you. It looks aprox the size of a VW camper, maybe longer so might be good idea to take on board VW ideas….BUT also it is a retro campervan and an interior similar to the original would also go down well for authenticity. Is it a left hooker or RHD?
    If your going to take it to Italy, book your Eurotunnel now, it’s cheaper. I’ve just booked my LWB high top transit camper on the tunnel for £132 return. Also it’ll give you the impetous to complete it on time…(mines not finished yet but will be by Easter and ready for a “test” camp).

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

restoration
    Tony, you started resto. yet? if yes how”s it going?

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

restoration

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

restoration

twinwebber16001972
    Participant

restoration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.