baffled by leisure battery

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions baffled by leisure battery

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Alison
    It sounds like the

Hi Alison

It sounds like the switch is to select whether the engine and leisure battery are connected, or it could be to turn the relay on or off.
    Unfortunately it would not be possible to tell without inspecting it with a multimeter or by tracing the wires. If you are not confident with electrics then I’m afraid you’ll have to find a friend who can help, or visit a campervan or motorhome dealer or workshop to investigate it for you.
    The smartcom box is probably a relay, and it’s strange why it might click. Does it click with the dashboard switch in all three positions?

The battery charger also certainly charges the leisure battery when you are hookup. Again, someone who knows about electrics could trace the wires and find out for you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Alison
    It sounds like the

Hi Alison

It sounds like the switch is to select whether the engine and leisure battery are connected, or it could be to turn the relay on or off.
    Unfortunately it would not be possible to tell without inspecting it with a multimeter or by tracing the wires. If you are not confident with electrics then I’m afraid you’ll have to find a friend who can help, or visit a campervan or motorhome dealer or workshop to investigate it for you.
    The smartcom box is probably a relay, and it’s strange why it might click. Does it click with the dashboard switch in all three positions?

The battery charger also certainly charges the leisure battery when you are hookup. Again, someone who knows about electrics could trace the wires and find out for you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Alison
    It sounds like the

Hi Alison

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Alison
    It sounds like the

Hi Alison

Alison Eastwood

Thanks for your time and reply Darren. I will take your advice and see if a dealer or autoelectrician can tell me…as i have no idea about electrics at all. the ticking doesnt happen when you turn the switch to the on position. Loving the van though and even had a first night of wild camping…shame it was in halfords carpark having been towed there by the AA!! All good fun. Thanks again,

Alison

Alison Eastwood

Thanks for your time and reply Darren. I will take your advice and see if a dealer or autoelectrician can tell me…as i have no idea about electrics at all. the ticking doesnt happen when you turn the switch to the on position. Loving the van though and even had a first night of wild camping…shame it was in halfords carpark having been towed there by the AA!! All good fun. Thanks again,

Alison

Alison Eastwood

Alison

Alison Eastwood

Alison

Alison Eastwood

Alison

Alison Eastwood

Alison

Darren
    Keymaster

Oh no, sorry to hear about
    Oh no, sorry to hear about your breakdown. Better to get it over with now though!
    An electrician will be able to solve the puzzle for you.

All the best

Darren
    Keymaster

Oh no, sorry to hear about your breakdown. Better to get it over with now though!

All the best

Darren
    Keymaster

All the best

Darren
    Keymaster

All the best

Darren
    Keymaster

All the best

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.