Another Noob, first post

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Another Noob, first post

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TechHeadSteve
    Participant

Well hello

Another noob to this, are we all trying to get away from the rate race? 45, male, love gadgets.

I’ve just bought a 2011 Ford Transit, LWB High Top 350 panel van. Arrives tomorrow
    Have been looking at tons of you tube videos & the likes, wow I have a lot of work ahead. I decided to go for a self build though as a, I just couldn’t find an existing home with a garage for the money I had to spend & b, I really want my own one man band layout!

My first jobs will be insulating & replacing the driver & passenger seats to new swivel seats. I’m hoping to get this done within a month or so so I can bugger off!

Couple of questions.

1. Is there anyone on here who can help with any aspect obviously I’d pay, part of the fun can be travelling to wherever & getting the van worked on.
    2. Security. Is there much issue with being broken into or attacked at nights?
    I’m seeing some sort of chain, steel pole, linked between driver & passenger doors to stop them being pulled open if the lock is picked.
    Do people think that putting a padlock on the back of the van attracts more attention than it protects?
    What kind of security can I put in place for the sliding side door?

Thanks for any advice. See you on the forums.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.