Advice on selling price of my 1978 vw camper van ‘Hi-Top’

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Advice on selling price of my 1978 vw camper van ‘Hi-Top’

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tonydx
    Participant

Hey all,

I inherited a 1978 VW Camper (Hi-Top) and quite a few people have asked me if it’s for sale. I struggled to find any information about the rarity and worth of the vehicle. All the parts are original. As for the condition, there is some surface rust and the engine hasn’t been started in about 7 years but everything else ok.

Therefore, I would ask if perhaps anyone has any information about this particular model (even if you either had one or sold one). I will be letting her go, but i don’t want to be cheated on it’s value.

I would appreciate any information.
    Many thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    This does look like a

Hi

This does look like a fairly rare model, i’ve not seen many of these around.
    It needs quite a lot of work, and so would therefore be a project for someone.
    I would guess it’s worth about £2,000 – £3,000, but it’s really worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
    If it’s really rare and sought after it’ll be worth more, if it needs lots and lots of work there will be few buyers who are interested.

I would ask on the VW specific forums as those guys are the experts.
    Try some of the forums from this search: http://bit.ly/S32rzk

All the best

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    This does look like a

Hi

I would guess it’s worth about £2,000 – £3,000, but it’s really worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
    If it’s really rare and sought after it’ll be worth more, if it needs lots and lots of work there will be few buyers who are interested.

All the best

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    This does look like a

Hi

All the best

Tonydx
    Participant

Re
    Hey,

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it. The camper isn’t actually in bad condition, it’s just the rust and dust. Anyway, I will be awaiting a reply on the vw camper forum.

Regards

Tonydx
    Participant

Re
    Hey,

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it. The camper isn’t actually in bad condition, it’s just the rust and dust. Anyway, I will be awaiting a reply on the vw camper forum.

Regards

Tonydx
    Participant

Re
    Hey,

Regards

stewart1979
    Participant

i’d agree with darren on
    i’d agree with darren on price.. it might be worth getting it running it might not cost much but would bump the price up more and atract more people if you say put it on somewhere like ebay

stewart1979
    Participant

i’d agree with darren on
    i’d agree with darren on price.. it might be worth getting it running it might not cost much but would bump the price up more and atract more people if you say put it on somewhere like ebay

stewart1979
    Participant

i’d agree with darren on

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.