Advice on not upsetting locals and fellow campers

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Advice on not upsetting locals and fellow campers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    The plucky amateur
    Participant

About to go on a trip to celebrate a friends 40th.
    The shall be 7 of us in a large campervan.
    Heading to Glencoe for the first evening then unsure where would be best to go next. Was thinking Torridon – Plockton – Applecross areas.
    The only issue I have is that it is likely to be a bit of a boozy affair and as a result may get a bit noisy. Don’t want to spoil anyone else’s enjoyment so would look to park up somewhere away from others.
    Any tips/advice so we can enjoy ourselves without being a pain to anyone else?

mgroadster
    Participant

You won’t find many sites
    You won’t find many sites willing to put up with a noise after certain times…ie 10/11pm.
    If a late noise is going to be the case, I would stay off the main sites and wild camp.
    What about asking to park up in pub car parks if you intend using them for your celebrations.
    If it’s a super market load up and off for a good time…wild camping.

mgroadster
    Participant

You won’t find many sites
    You won’t find many sites willing to put up with a noise after certain times…ie 10/11pm.
    If a late noise is going to be the case, I would stay off the main sites and wild camp.
    What about asking to park up in pub car parks if you intend using them for your celebrations.
    If it’s a super market load up and off for a good time…wild camping.

The plucky amateur
    Participant

Makes sense. Didn’t realise
    Makes sense. Didn’t realise that pubs might agree to this kind of arrangement.
    Worth asking.
    Cheers.

The plucky amateur
    Participant

Makes sense. Didn’t realise
    Makes sense. Didn’t realise that pubs might agree to this kind of arrangement.
    Worth asking.
    Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.