abit of advice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    bunsy
    Participant

we are thinking of getting rid of the car and getting a campevan,but was wanting advice on a suitable replacement.we have looked at the quite a few models but need to take into consideration,parking {as the wife will use it for shopping and commute to work and back},insurance,running costs etc .does any one think it is a bad idea or go for it as a lot of friends have said but wanted to know from people who are in the know.usage would be about 60 miles a week work /commuteing.then every weekend away when ever possible plus week away here and there ,thank you

Darren
    Keymaster

60 miles isn’t a lot, so I
    60 miles isn’t a lot, so I would recommend replacing a car with a camper van.
    They’re fantastic vehicles to have. Image going for a day out, and being able to sit and make drinks when every you like. Make a meal, put on the extra clothes you keep in the van. It’s a great lifestyle to have.

The VW’s are very popular and reliable. The old VWs are for big fans only. The newer ones are much more modern obviously.
    I always recommend getting the biggest vehicle you can. You will love the extra space. However, for an every day vehicle it’s worth getting a smaller vehicle.

With that said I use a medium wheel base Mercedes Sprinter as my everyday vehicle. It’s my only vehicle. One soon gets used to it.

How many people do you need to sleep in the vehicle? Any children? Where do you need to park it, on a drive?

Darren
    Keymaster

They’re fantastic vehicles to have. Image going for a day out, and being able to sit and make drinks when every you like. Make a meal, put on the extra clothes you keep in the van. It’s a great lifestyle to have.

The VW’s are very popular and reliable. The old VWs are for big fans only. The newer ones are much more modern obviously.
    I always recommend getting the biggest vehicle you can. You will love the extra space. However, for an every day vehicle it’s worth getting a smaller vehicle.

With that said I use a medium wheel base Mercedes Sprinter as my everyday vehicle. It’s my only vehicle. One soon gets used to it.

How many people do you need to sleep in the vehicle? Any children? Where do you need to park it, on a drive?

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.