3 questions: windows, heating, and blinds….

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas 3 questions: windows, heating, and blinds….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tilto
    Participant

hi all.
    what are the best options for heating a solar panelled, double leisure battery (no alternator connection to batts – only solar). long wheel base, 2 birth, insulated, Peugeot Boxer?
    anyone know a good tinted windows fitter?
    and on the same subject anyone know of a good blinds fitter?
    thanks for suggestions, (in advance). : ))

DeeKay

Camper
    You dont give details of battery ah or solar watts
    We have a 7m Pilote A Class.
    There is only room for one 100ah or thereabouts battery
    I retained the 10w halogen lamps
    I replaced the heater with a Propex
    We have 1 x 19″ and 1 x 23″ 12v tv and dvd combo’s
    I wash all the dishes in the MH
    I shower in the MH

I fitted 1 x 40w panel dedicated to the engine/start battery via basic PWM controler
    I fitted 2 x 100w panels wire in series via a Tracer MPPT controller to the habitation battery
    We tour mostly in Ireland and Scotland and occasionally stop in one place for a couple of days

A 100w panel is as light as a battery and will last many times the length of a battery
    1 x 100ah battery at 50% discharge will give out 600w.

2 x 100ah batteries are twice as hard to charge

If I had to start over I’d have at minimum 200w of PV but if the roof had room I’d go for 3 or 400w
    I have found that the 100ah agm battery is never low by morning and if there is any decent daylight its full by mid day
    I also found that the original fitment 1990s charger “annoys” some modern electronics including the Propex blower so the charger stays off.
    We watch dvd’s very regular if tv is not available which coastal is regular

I keep two maypole 4a smart chargers which I connect whilst the MH sits at home about this time of year for winter to preserve both batteries

I have had batteries right up to 4000ah for home use and I do not like loads of batteries. For every 100ah you need approx 1a before any charge goes into the battery. So for every 100ah there is 1a wasted before charging takes place

If you have more than one pv panel you can go down the MPPT charge controller route. MPPT give quiet a bit extra to a very low battery and has other advantages.
    Yes PV is not cheap but its no where near as bad as was several years ago.

The MH original heating system broke and was bonkers price to repair so I replaced it with a Henry water heater and a 1500w Propex gas only blower
    I have had both in several vehicles and they have served me well
    The Propex could have done with being bigger as the original was 4000w but its a big MH and it manages well
    The larger Propex is no bigger a drain than this one
    My wife insists on her electric toaster and even without hookup she still insists on this toast so she starts the generator for breakfast. The genny is a 2500w lpg connected to the habitation battery and the fact that it starts is a fair indication of the battery condition in the morning.
    The original heater was a big thing below a seat and the Propex lives there also
    Other earlier conversion vehicles years ago I also used the Propex as I could always find somewhere for it and the flu and inlet are flexible as is the interior pipes. There is even one in a stainless casing for below the floor f your right out of room.

DeeKay

Camper
    You dont give details of battery ah or solar watts
    We have a 7m Pilote A Class.
    There is only room for one 100ah or thereabouts battery
    I retained the 10w halogen lamps
    I replaced the heater with a Propex
    We have 1 x 19″ and 1 x 23″ 12v tv and dvd combo’s
    I wash all the dishes in the MH
    I shower in the MH

I fitted 1 x 40w panel dedicated to the engine/start battery via basic PWM controler
    I fitted 2 x 100w panels wire in series via a Tracer MPPT controller to the habitation battery
    We tour mostly in Ireland and Scotland and occasionally stop in one place for a couple of days

A 100w panel is as light as a battery and will last many times the length of a battery
    1 x 100ah battery at 50% discharge will give out 600w.

2 x 100ah batteries are twice as hard to charge

If I had to start over I’d have at minimum 200w of PV but if the roof had room I’d go for 3 or 400w
    I have found that the 100ah agm battery is never low by morning and if there is any decent daylight its full by mid day
    I also found that the original fitment 1990s charger “annoys” some modern electronics including the Propex blower so the charger stays off.
    We watch dvd’s very regular if tv is not available which coastal is regular

I keep two maypole 4a smart chargers which I connect whilst the MH sits at home about this time of year for winter to preserve both batteries

I have had batteries right up to 4000ah for home use and I do not like loads of batteries. For every 100ah you need approx 1a before any charge goes into the battery. So for every 100ah there is 1a wasted before charging takes place

If you have more than one pv panel you can go down the MPPT charge controller route. MPPT give quiet a bit extra to a very low battery and has other advantages.
    Yes PV is not cheap but its no where near as bad as was several years ago.

The MH original heating system broke and was bonkers price to repair so I replaced it with a Henry water heater and a 1500w Propex gas only blower
    I have had both in several vehicles and they have served me well
    The Propex could have done with being bigger as the original was 4000w but its a big MH and it manages well
    The larger Propex is no bigger a drain than this one
    My wife insists on her electric toaster and even without hookup she still insists on this toast so she starts the generator for breakfast. The genny is a 2500w lpg connected to the habitation battery and the fact that it starts is a fair indication of the battery condition in the morning.
    The original heater was a big thing below a seat and the Propex lives there also
    Other earlier conversion vehicles years ago I also used the Propex as I could always find somewhere for it and the flu and inlet are flexible as is the interior pipes. There is even one in a stainless casing for below the floor f your right out of room.

ChrisFranks

Battery
    What kind of battery can you buy in the uk for a solar panel? And where from?

I have a french motorhome and a french solar battery but can’t seem to purchase an english equivalent

ChrisFranks

Battery
    What kind of battery can you buy in the uk for a solar panel? And where from?

I have a french motorhome and a french solar battery but can’t seem to purchase an english equivalent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.