2003 Ford Transit Conversion Photos

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions 2003 Ford Transit Conversion Photos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jaffasoft
    Participant

First I started living in a $500 four door Brown Magna Sedan car that I simpley placed a single mattress on the floor after I removed the front passengers seat and the rear lower seat. I traveled the Gold Coast of Australia this way for well over a year. While doing this I was always seeing the backpackers up north (there is heaps of them) and dreamt about having a proper campervan but they are not cheap decked out, i eventually I saved enough and bought a E2000 white Mazda Van for $2500. It was just a van but nothing inside it. I thought it was luxury compared to the car. Just the space (like a room) and the privacy was great.

I did not have much money left but I got a local certain maker to make some certains up for $100 and put a mattress in and away I went again. This time I went all the way around Australia. I drove it this way and lived in it for a number of years.

All this time i was saving and now I could buy something a little more decent but still the price of fitted out campervans was sky high. After purchasing an empty 2003 Ford Transit Van LWB for $9,000. I started searching the internet on ideas as to how I could fit it out for cheap but still wanted it reasonably nice but not to extravagant. I seen the owner of this web sites (this site right here) Darrens Sprinter conversation and was inspired to line it similar since i already had some of the same boards lying around.

So far I have fully insulated and lined the inside and bought a decent quality comfy mattress, customised a base by cutting a normal house one up to fit and fitted 400 watts of solar panels on the roof and battery system (but old batteries I had, I will upgrade to Trojan T105s soon). I have actually watched TV, yes one of those rare things you can watch news on, its been a long time for me. And the same for a fridge which only this week have been running as tests and its working good.

I always thought when I got this van fitted out I will post some photos up because I know how much people enjoy seeing the process and get ideas the same as I enjoyed seeing others and dreaming that one day I would have one. I still have some ways to go but since I was bored and got some spare time today here is a few pictures I’ve taken alone the way to converting it.

Heaps of conversation photos here in my profile album!
    https://www.campervanlife.com/galleries/3951/10825

Cheers,
    Jaffasoft

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey Jaffasoft
    This is a great

Hey Jaffasoft

This is a great story of how perseverance and hope. Well done indeed.

Really looking forward to seeing your conversion evolve.

So glad my original camper was of inspiration.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey Jaffasoft
    This is a great

Hey Jaffasoft

This is a great story of how perseverance and hope. Well done indeed.

Really looking forward to seeing your conversion evolve.

So glad my original camper was of inspiration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.