12v kettle

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat 12v kettle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    randltrafic
    Participant

How long does it take to boil water in a 12v kettle? Thinking of getting a plug fitted but is it worth it?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Inverters are very
    Inverters are very inefficient and will still be draining the leisure battery.
    If you have gas it makes no sense using the battery for electric kettles. An average home kettle draws 3Kw which is a huge amount . Many campsites that supply at 10Amps or less ban the use of high wattage electrical items like toasters kettles and heaters etc because of the high electrical loading.

You can get lower wattage kettles but would you want to wait 8-10 minutes for the kettle to boil ?

Besides a good old fashioned kettle on the gas is quick and efficient and kinda in keeping with the camping ethos …plus you can have a whistling one

2. How about fitting a invertor
    How about fitting a invertor and using a 240v travel kettle, I do this when I’m working out of my van..

3. I’m not sure, but I would
    I’m not sure, but I would guess it takes a long time. 12v is not really enough to boil water. It will also darin leisure batteries quite quickly, unless the engine/generator is running, then it’s not a problem.
    A gas stove is much better for boiling water.