12v Iceco JP40 refrigerator and 12v socket

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions 12v Iceco JP40 refrigerator and 12v socket

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shamploo
    Participant

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a ICECO JP40 refrigerator that will not power on via DC, but will work using my inverter ac outlet connected to my solar 12v battery. I’ve used a multimeter, and it reads ~12v at the battery, at the fuse block, at the wire connections to the socket, and the socket itself. If I plug the refrigerator into the van’s 12v socket the fridgerator will power on. Does anyone know what the difference could be between the 12v socket connected to my solar battery and the van’s socket connected to the van’s battery? Do I need to check the amps as well? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Darren
    Keymaster

What DC voltage do you get from the battery at the fridge?
    My fridge needs 12.6 or more to work. Anything less and it won’t run.
    12.8 is fully charged.
    Also is the wire thick enough? If it’s too thin it wont carry enough power.
    What voltage do you get at the fridge when you turn it on? Does it drop a lot?

cotswoldstony
    Participant

All fridges pull 4 to 5 times power to start than when running and will not run without a good solar systems to keep the voltage high. I agree with Darren you need 12.6 volts or more because the fridge will drop the voltage on start up to just over 12 volts and usually stop working at 11.9 volts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.