Reply To: Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice Reply To: Campervan Electricals – NEEDED: Hints, Tips, Products and Advice

mgroadster
Participant

Twin & earth……I work
Twin & earth……I work surrounded by Electricians (sounds like you do too)?and ALL of them say, if you are using T&E use conduit or flexi ducting. It tends to brittalise after a period (ok in a house etc)of time and also being in a vehicle would suffer from mild vibration, however in say 20mm flexi duct it would be ok. I’m going to use arctic grade flex due to it’s ability to withstand temp fluctuations.(Heat in the Southern hemisphere or Cold in the Northern. This seems to be the opinions of Electricians in whom I have the deepest respect, and if that what they say, then for me that what it is….OK maybe a little over engineered, but I will be happy that I did it to advice freely given.
By Metallic conduit, do you mean Galv conduit? It’s not flexible enough to bend around the vehicles insides. The flexi ducting will help protect the T&E sleeve.