About 3 years ago we've bought an extraordinary James Cook for the purpose of some investigation traveling around Europe. Once we've discovered this model we tireless searched till we've found it in UK - where we went to buy it.
Now that we've settled, we've decided that its time for someone else to benefit of this great vehicle.
We're in Portugal, near Lisbon.
Here's a quite long description.
You can check more photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ocook/tags/jamescook/show/
Any doubt, please contact.
• 2.900cc · Motor with 122CV, 312D - is the earlier version of current CDIs, providing greater reliability and possibility of providing any mechanical assistance
• 103,676 km
• 2 beds for 4 adults;
• Sunroof on the top bed (good to see the stars at night:)
• Side windows next to the headboard above (good to see the sunrise);
• Closet with several spaces for clothes storage;
• 1 bathroom with shower - hot water (up to 70°C in 20 minutes), sanitary chemist Thedford, sink, drying area, and several storage spaces;
• Kitchen with gas stove, sink for washing dishes with the possibility of using hot water, fridge, storage cupboards;
• deposit of 100lts to clean water, tank ~ 80lts for gray water;
• 2 80 Ah gel batteries;
• System for monitoring the battery charge and tank filling (clean + gray waters);
• Heating system by diesel (does not require the engine is running to operate) - achieves 20°C with freezing temperatures outside.
• Length 5.5 m width x 2m x Height 3.15 m.;
• Very easy to park and maneuver, allowing you to move in narrow streets of ancient cities ...
The changes and improvements which we introduced:
• Two solar panels - power 140Watts;
• Placing the fan / hood over the kitchen area of low noise level;
• Replacement of faucets by manual mechanisms that allow greater water savings;
• Design and implementation of system control circuit of water to prevent freezing of water in the tubes, to be used in climates of negative temperatures;
• Cleaning and maintenance of the heating system;
• Thule bicycle rack for three bicycles;
• Gemini alarm, with volumetric sensor in the interior, under warranty by Mercedes.
• Replacement conduit for the flow of gray water (sinks and baths);
• Placing hoods to protect the upholstery, 100% cotton;
• Placing carpet inside - facilitates cleaning and increases the comfort in use;
• Curtain separating space and increased privacy.
• Total check-up (oil, filters, new brakes);
• Change of water and antifreeze from the radiator;
• Replacement of fuel injection tubes;
• Tailpipe new;
• Total paraffin of engine and bodywork.