A guide to buying a VW Camper Van
Differences between Split Screen and Bay Window Campers
The post-67 Bay Window camper vans have many improvements including...
- Larger and higher bay window
- 12 volt electrics
- Improved suspension and handling
- From 1972 the type 4 1700-2000cc engines provide more power
- Some models had servo brakes
If you're set on a pre-67 Split Screen camper go for it but...
- Expect to put up with the quirks and limitations of a 40+ year old vehicle including...
- 6 volt electrics
- Weaker 1200-1500cc engines
- Smaller and lower split windscreen