1 post / 0 new
Ford Transit Pop Top

Hi there,

I recently bought a 1986 Ford Transit van with a pop top. Now, I'm not at all expereinced in van ownership or maintenence so go slowly with me.
Not long after the purchase, I realised the pop top was leaking and the wood down the side of it was rotten and leaking. A friend with little more expereince than me decided to have a go at fixing it and, bless him, made things just a bit worse and now the fibreglass is coming away in places.
Now, my questions are:
1. Is this an impossible task to consider undertaking myself at my expereince level? If not, how do I go about it?
2. (and this is probably the option I am going with) I want to get it repaired as soon as really before secondary issues develop from the leaking. How do I go about finding someone who can do this? Is a normal garage going to be able to help? A carpenter? A specialist? I've tried the web but not had much luck as I don't really know what to look for. General advice very welcome and I live in North Wiltshire if anyone knows anyone close by.

Thank you in advance for your help.